ACM VACQ Mode using HMD problem

sunski34

Hi,

When HMD is off, when in ACM Mode, you can choose directly to WACQ Mode with SCS LEFT or VACQ mode with SCS LEFT.

But...

when HMD is on, when in ACM Mode, you still can choose directly WACQ Mode with SCS LEFT but not directly VACQ mode with SCS AFT (no change). But, if you press SCS LEFT first (WACQ mode), then you can choose VACQ Mode with SCS AFT.

Is there a problem?

Edited by sunski34

With the HMD off in ACM mode:

- WACQ with SCS Left

- VACQ with SCS Aft

With the HMD on in ACM mode:

- WACQ with SCS Left

- VACQ with SCS Left, then Aft.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

The reason for this is the existence of the AIM-9X Uplook reticle commanded via aft from Helmet Acq.

I don't have the documentation myself to know whether it's correct that even without the 9X you can't go VACQ from HACQ. However I think it's plausible, to prevent the pilot from getting used to going to VACQ from HACQ when he does use the 9X.

4 minutes ago, Jak525 said:

The reason for this is the existence of the AIM-9X Uplook reticle commanded via aft from Helmet Acq.

I don't have the documentation myself to know whether it's correct that even without the 9X you can't go VACQ from HACQ. However I think it's plausible, to prevent the pilot from getting used to going to VACQ from HACQ when he does use the 9X.

I was trying to think of a situation where I would need to use VACQ with HMD on and using HACQ which already gives me more flexibility to maintain lock, guns or 9X. It doesn't mean there isn't one😉.

The only thing that bugs the hell out of me is some symbology from HMD getting into HUD FOV when pulling the nose onto the target and jittering all over the place.