ground pounding ability

thrustvector

On 2/7/2021 at 10:50 AM, thrustvector said:

might pick this up in the sale, but i mainly a ground pounder so whats it like it that role, or possibility of wildweasel for example?

You can use it for DEAD and SEAD.  I do it on occasion but I don't suggest it for the faint of heart or rookie Mirage pilot.   Because you will be flying low... Like 10-20ft off the ground low.   

You won't have a handy air to ground mode for your radar.  You won't have a TPOD to cheat with.. no cool icons for hitting ground targets.  Just some old fashioned dropping dumb bombs on soon to be dead heads.

It is a fun aircraft, but if RAZBAM ever fixes the fire control issue where you should not be able to mix your weapons loads... It will make a lot of people upset.

The 2000C can be armed with magics and 530Ds or magics and SE bombs or BLG-66, or mk82s or GBUs with buddy lase or JTAC lase support or rockets... Not and... It is OR.

oh didn't know that was possible, i was only using one type anyway as that's the limitation of the aircraft electronics, i fly the viggen so no stranger to low n fast 🙂

vastly different but it feels like an old F16 to fly, very stable but precise, think ill grab it anyway, cheers for the input guys

Yeah, it's actually lot like an F-16A with better speed, a bit less maneuverability, SARH missiles and a decent fuel supply. 🙂 If you load her up with heaters, it's a pretty good stand-in, though more of a multirole interceptor than a purebred dogfighter the A model Viper was.