x56 A couple of issues

Caldera

Hey all,

Logitech x56 owner here. 

I have been having a couple of nagging issues and I was wondering if it was just me or other users having the same problems.

Issue 1:  The Joystick and Throttle lose programing in DCS

After I have set up, activated and tested a configuration in the x56 HOTAS software.  It will work for awhile and then just quit.  I load and reload, I activate and re-activate, I test and re-test and I bang my head.  If I power cycle both the joystick and the throttle then they will often work again for awhile.  I have only programed the x56 for use in DCS.   At one time, I had just about the whole start sequence programed to just three switches on the throttle.  I also simulated a two stage PAC1 trigger pull.

Issue 2:  The Joystick looses the ability to fire weapons in DCS

I am pretty sure this is a game issue, but I am unsure.  Because of Issue 1 I have been using the x56 in Direct X Mode only.  I use the DCS mapping feature with no x56 programing in effect.  But, every once in awhile I can't fire guns or release weapons.  Nothing happens when I pull the trigger or press the weapons release button.  When it happens I have popped out of the game while it is still running and tested with control panel.  Everything checks OK.  Weird thing, not even the keyboard can fire guns or release weapons during that time.  I exit the game and restart the game then all is good.

Thanks in advance,

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

I have had the (new Logitech model) X56 for a few years now and love it. 

The points Caldera raises above sound like each of the HOTAS and Stick are not getting enough power. A solution that many others have raised in the past is that ideally you should have a powered USB hub.

I have some issues as you have Caldera, though it's seldom. My MB has a lot of powered USB ports on it so that may be why it's less of an issue for me. 

Today I might bring home a spare powered hub I have at work and try it out at home for the week.

I'm interested in your 2 stage trigger pull. I'd like that for my A10C mkII. Setting bands I guess?