Graphical glitch only in Normandy

kengou

I'm experiencing a weird and very distracting graphical glitch that I've only ever seen in Normandy. Happens across multiple planes.

It looks to me like a bright flash, in the upper half of my screen, that occurs every few seconds, but only occasionally. It makes me think I'm being lit up by tracers and is very distracting!

I'll try a repair this evening but wasn't sure if anyone else had experienced this.

Edit: Came across this post which is exactly what I'm experiencing. Seems to be a persistent and widespread bug, possibly related to WW2 assets in combination with new code for clouds or damage model. Hope it gets fixed soon!

Edited by kengou
  • Like 1

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Weird.  Not seen that on Normandy, but myself and my squadron mates experienced it on the Channel map

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Great, so seems like re-isntalling the map or cleaning shaders wont help 🙄 i tried the map very briefly first and didnt see any issues, so i bought it as tomorrow the sale ends... and now im stuck with this annoying bug, seems to happen even if I do a free flight in F16 on Normandy 44. Yellow/Black flickering, seems random but I guess its related to something specific... hope it gets fixed.

27 minutes ago, Shadak said:

Great, so seems like re-isntalling the map or cleaning shaders wont help 🙄 i tried the map very briefly first and didnt see any issues, so i bought it as tomorrow the sale ends... and now im stuck with this annoying bug, seems to happen even if I do a free flight in F16 on Normandy 44. Yellow/Black flickering, seems random but I guess its related to something specific... hope it gets fixed.

An already reported bug that can happen on all maps in any aircraft. Its part of DCS and not map specific. 

Just now, razo+r said:

An already reported bug that can happen on all maps in any aircraft. Its part of DCS and not map specific. 

Interesting, but in my case it must be ww2 (only have BF109)/ww2 asset related then, because before these I've never seen the glitch.

Ok I may have stumbled upon something. Not sure if this can be helpful or related to the other threads on flickering @BIGNEWY.

The worst scenario for flickering for me was interestingly F16 free flight on Normandy. I decided to try lowest details and it didnt flicker, so I started turning things back on 1 by 1.

And found out that any Civilian traffic graphic settings other than OFF, caused flicker. As soon as I switched to off, I couldnt make it flicker at all. Back to Low or High, hello flicker.

This is the yellow/black random flicker only in WW2 maps.

Edited by Shadak

• ED Team

thanks I will check it out. 

edit: Good news is I can not reproduce that particular one internally. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2