Plane wont move

jfri

In the startup and take of tutorials the plane does not move when it is supposed to. The engine is obviously running. I see exhaust gases and RPM changes when moving throttle. I have checked that the parking brake is released and rudder brakes are not engaged. What could I have done wrong.

23 hours ago, KidCharlemagne said:

Ask the ground crew to remove your wheel chocks. Just be sure to ask before you start your engine, they won't do it when the engine is running.

When looking from outside I couldn't see any wheel chocks

I had the same problem. I noticed wheel chocks on the front wheel only.  Since the engine was running I could not remove them.  I somehow missed removing the wheel chocks or it was not in the tutorial.  I have noticed in the Laser Guided Bomb tutorial that the tutorial seems out of date with the current TPod.  I am not sure if that is what is happening here.

17 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Hey guys, this should be fixed now!

That is good news.  When you say fixed does that mean we will see it on the next version? 

Another issue while we are here is the conventional takeoff and handling at night.  The only difference between it and the conventional takeoff and handling is that someone turned off the lights for the night version and added the line "do it now" pertaining to turning on the APU at night. This was an opportunity to go over the lighting, the NAVFLIR, etc.  Granted this is suppose to be in the Night Operations tutorial but I don't see having a separate tutorial for the conventional takeoff and handling just so you can do it in the dark.

I see the interactive training to be extremely important.  Active learning is superior to passive learning.  If ED is going to bring in new money and keep expanding while maintaining what it has - it needs to find ways to make the learning curve as painless as possible without turning the sim into an arcade experience.  I see interactive training a big part of that effort.  But when I see for all planes very few new interactive tutorials, and some of the new ones not as professionally done as the original tutorials, and these original interactive tutorials slipping behind the latest version releases, and then to become aware that some of these interactive tutorials are mere copies of others although they are suppose to address another topic - I get a little nervous.  

I only hope you get a bigger budget in the future,

I will update all of them but I need to wait for the work on the Harrier to be finished. Otherwise I will spend a lot of time on something that will likely change, and as I am one person with several ongoing projects on top of demanding full time job I try to use my time as smartly as I can. But rest assured, the Harrier tutorialS will be up to date. And there will be new ones coming too - on JDAMs, CAS page and TOT. 

• Thanks 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 1:30 PM, baltic_dragon said:

I will update all of them but I need to wait for the work on the Harrier to be finished. Otherwise I will spend a lot of time on something that will likely change, and as I am one person with several ongoing projects on top of demanding full time job I try to use my time as smartly as I can. But rest assured, the Harrier tutorialS will be up to date. And there will be new ones coming too - on JDAMs, CAS page and TOT. 

Thanks for your hard work BD!

I dare to say that the AV8B training missions are, by far, the best and most useful training missions within DCS. Especially the option to start the training at certain specific stages is really refreshing and time saving :thumbup:

(after taking a long break from the Harrier, these short training versions get me back in quickly) 

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a similar issue. However my plane is either grounded or airborne it won't move or respond to throttle. I checked here before I cleaned my save file. Any response would be helpful.

Thanks

Edited by Convexrook

zprwsp-6.png

On 3/25/2021 at 9:28 PM, Convexrook said:

I am having a similar issue. However my plane is either grounded or airborne it won't move or respond to throttle. I checked here before I cleaned my save file. Any response would be helpful.

Thanks

NVM I am an idiot, I had active pause bound to a toggle switch and it was on all the time 🙂🙄

• Thanks 1

zprwsp-6.png