F/A-18 hornet aerial refueling

mwagner91

so I've been looking at videos of the f/a-18 hornet when I came across a video of the super hornet model aerial refueling another hornet. hornet equipped with air to air refueling pod. can we get support for this to be implemented ingame? :) feels like since its a pod it would be possible to implement and mount on a regular f/a-18c hornet. 

anyone else feels like me? let me know, and let eagle dynamics know.

thank you

p.s. I know about the  user name and no, I am not THE Matt Wagner :( just had that user name for ever and way before I ever knew about Matt and dcs.

dcs does not have a super hornet and you are right that legacy hornets did not use these. I'm just poping the idea of having those available since they are basically just pods that can be center mounted in place of a fuel tank and allow for having the experience since having the super hornet might not be possible for another 10-15 years if not more. 

An AI Superbug would be welcome, but due to how DCS handles tankers, it would have to be a dedicated variant. Su-33 is another aircraft that is in DCS and can be used for buddy refueling, but again, it would have to be a separate variant, and probably AI-only as well, seeing as there's no code for player-to-player (or player-to-AI) AAR. 

If ED ever makes a full fidelity F-18E or a Su-33 (also unlikely, but there were some hints of a Su-27S being possible, and Su-33 isn't that much more advanced), then it would be a good time to revamp that code. However, there isn't much reason to do it right now.

29 minutes ago, mwagner91 said:

dcs does not have a super hornet and you are right that legacy hornets did not use these. I'm just poping the idea of having those available since they are basically just pods that can be center mounted in place of a fuel tank and allow for having the experience since having the super hornet might not be possible for another 10-15 years if not more. 

Well, since it wasn't a thing is real life I don't see why it should make it into DCS.

• Like 4

On 2/9/2021 at 12:32 AM, mwagner91 said:

We could just add AIM-120D then, its just a missile with a little bit more range and better guidance that can be mounted on the same station as AIM-120C, right?

Sry but I don't agree with you. Our Hornet can't load it in real life so it really wouldn't be fair that we have it here, since we are simulating 2007 Hornet.

• Like 4