HAHAHA Really?

thrustvector

what did i have to lose, its free to try at the moment, still i avoided it, silly little thing.

went to make a cuppa and thought hey why not, soooo started the download really not expecting a thing.

no training so thought can be that hard to take off, i fly all the warbirds..............................as you can guess, i got a job cutting the runway grass before i torched the control tower!

right 2nd go, lets do Air to Air, got a 109, that's when it started.

throttle to full and..............hang on this thing turn on itself, i even flew round a block of flats full on, the grin started!

up into the sky to get that 109, he wont out turn this, well he had a good go, but a long lead and massive firepower from the 16, with no training i offed my first kill, must be a fluked,     nope, 3 more followed, the grin was now a big smile, and talking/shouting to myself over headphones of ''this thing is stupidly good fun!!''

next, the convoy mission, brilliant weather, wouldn't take a dog out in that let alone fly a crate with an engine, but it all ended the same for the poor out matched enemy, all dead.

gotta say, dev, please update/do stuff whatever with this plane, as it is its probably the most fun plane in DCS, that can be flown with a huge grin.

keybindings for some reason are all duplicated and fill in with about every button duplicated 4 times, so did take some messing with.

but cmon, if you havent tried this give it a go, its cheap as 4 cups of coffee in costa at the moment, and sure as hell is a lot more fun 🙂

oh and if anyone one is reading this can make some more skins and missions....ill buy you a coffee 🙂

oops, just realized i put this in wrong thread sorry

Edited by thrustvector
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, thrustvector said:

oh and if anyone one is reading this can make some more skins and missions....ill buy you a coffee 🙂

Here are some:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf[filetype]=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=560&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

Not much in term of missions, as there are very few assets that one can use for an early WW2 setting .. even using Mods, it's little that can be done:

3dI97Ut.jpg

Hopefully ED will expand a bit more on its WW II Assets pack .. I'd kill for an early war He-111 or Bf-110

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yeah, the I-16 is a funny little thing. 🙂 Gonna try it out when the next round of free trails start on Steam, already have it in the other WWII sim, it's a lot of fun there, too. Slow, ugly, doesn't fly high, but it can turn. The firepower is nice, too, a pair of 20mm cannons makes mincemeat of anything you can catch.

23 hours ago, thrustvector said:

yea 4x 7.62 i think yea?, 900 rounds in wing, 500 in nose, still a dam good stopping power, those 190s hate it 🙂

I was talking about the other WWII sim. There, as well as IRL, the wing guns on I-16 were often replaced with 20mm cannons. That's firepower, I once blew a Ju-88 clean in half with that. 🙂 That said, 4x7.62mm was itself a pretty powerful loadout early in the war, and with the ROF of the ShKAS it can ruin a Messer's day just fine.

• 6 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 8:06 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Here are some:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf[filetype]=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=560&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

Not much in term of missions, as there are very few assets that one can use for an early WW2 setting .. even using Mods, it's little that can be done:

3dI97Ut.jpg

Hopefully ED will expand a bit more on its WW II Assets pack .. I'd kill for an early war He-111 or Bf-110

My god me too. I for the life of me do not understand why they choose the vary late war. They could make a fortion trickling out early war aircraft. Early BF-109, Early Spitfire, P-40 which is my favorite ever, JU-87 because fighters are fun, but bombers win wars, SBD-3, Wildcat, the ZERO, Early Soviet fighters, the PE-2, the IL-2, the list goes on. Drop like one a year for warbird prices. It's an untapped gold mine. And the planes were more balanced. Also the play style fits DCS better. After 43 it was mostly using the heavy bombers to crush the AXIS industry, and trying to intercept them. In the early war aircraft war used in combined arms campaigns support the Army. The fighting was often right over the battle field. 

• Like 3

2 часа назад, FlankerKiller сказал:

My god me too. I for the life of me do not understand why they choose the vary late war. They could make a fortion trickling out early war aircraft. Early BF-109, Early Spitfire, P-40 which is my favorite ever, JU-87 because fighters are fun, but bombers win wars, SBD-3, Wildcat, the ZERO, Early Soviet fighters, the PE-2, the IL-2, the list goes on. Drop like one a year for warbird prices. It's an untapped gold mine. And the planes were more balanced. Also the play style fits DCS better. After 43 it was mostly using the heavy bombers to crush the AXIS industry, and trying to intercept them. In the early war aircraft war used in combined arms campaigns support the Army. The fighting was often right over the battle field. 

Well, they may or may not be working on La-7 that would be a much better fit with the current 1945-ish stable. Maybe with I-16 they just wanted to try their hand in DCS, who knows? Here's hoping!

• 4 months later...