Heatblur Livery Competition RESULTS!

ensamvarg

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your patience!

With so many outstanding entries you certainly made us work to pick the winners. The attention to detail, creativity and time you all put in to these, made the decision great fun and a major challenge at the same time. We knew it would be hard, with so many talented skinners out there, but we didn't think it would be this hard!

Due to the extraordinary quality of your submissions we have no choice but to include both winner and runner up in to the official stock of liveries.

Winner will now receive 2 Heatblur modules of their choice. Runner Ups will receive 1 Heablur module of their choice.

I would like to thank all the artists who submitted entries and all of the Heatblur members who agonized over each category to pick a winner. 

We also want to thank the great partners at the DCS Livery Art Group for this great collaboration. It would not have happened without the good people over there so please, if you haven't already, go say hi.

You can find them here!

Without further delay, I am very pleased to present the Winner and Runner Up entries of each category. 

F-14A Winner:

@_YaeSakura_ 

Yae_F-14A.jpg

F-14A Runner Up:

@Shmoo42

Shmoo_F-14A.jpg

F-14B Winner:

@Shmoo42

Shmoo_F-14B.jpg

F-14B Runner Up:

@Jack

Jack_F-14B.jpg

AJS37 Winner:

@wolfthrower

Wolf_Viggen.jpg

AJS37 Runner Up:

@000rick000

Rick_HB_Comp.jpg

Please join us in congratulating the winning artists and celebrate their fantastic work!

If you want to see all the entries you can find them here!

I will be contacting the winners and runner ups using the PM system so we can iron out the details to get your wonderful liveries in to DCS.

If you did not win, please do not despair. There will be more opportunities to compete, collaborate and create with us in a not too distant future. 

Should you have any questions about the competition please do not hesitate to PM me.

Finally, I would like to take the opportunity to thank all of you for your continued support, dedication and commitment you have shown us all these years. It is greatly appreciated, it is what motivates us and keeps us going as we strive to make the best and most accurate modules we possibly can.

As we continue to unfold our development roadmap, we hope you stay along for the adventures to come!

Ensamvarg & the rest of the Heatblur team

Edited by ensamvarg
Added link to submissions thread.
  • Like 21

Congratulations!

Fantastic submissions from all of you, honestly I kept staring at my screen, "this is great, this is great, this is great..." So much talent in the community, it really makes one proud! In that sense: congratulations to all of you! But of course, the winners and runner ups absolutely deserve for us to bow our hats! Well done!

I completely forgot: a massive thank you goes to both @ensamvarg and the DCS Livery Art Group for organising this competition, and for bringing so many creative people together!

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 7

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

It was a joy getting to watch and work with both @Shmoo42 and @_YaeSakura_ behind the scenes, each pushing each other's skins further and further. They both put a ton of attention to detail into their skins, and we all collectively re-worked major portions every time one of us stumbled across something important.

What's even better, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Yae has a ton of great hi-viz late 70s skins, prototypes, and other works that are all right there with his VF-32 in terms of workmanship and detail, and he has entire squadron packs with the right MODEX and BuNOs.

And Shmoo has an awesome pack brewing in the background, plus his other skins again that weren't in the competition.

And if we take off the history blinders, the fictional and what-if skins were works of art, all of them deserving recognition as the Tomcat and even more the Viggen can be a bear to work with on complicated patterns. Getting those designs to blend across the sides, wings, and tails is a major feat to the uninitiated.

The only problem we have now, is that @Cobra847 will now have to make some kind of F-14D model for Jack's wonderful VF-31 skin...

• Like 8

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Can't see the images. Opening such a link results in the message:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/804480547929194508/804482305308622858/Yae_F-14A.jpg

<Error>

<Code>AccessDenied</Code>

<Message>Access denied.</Message>

<Details>Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to the Google Cloud Storage object.</Details>

</Error>

I assume I'm not connected and don't have an account on discord is the problem!?

Edited by gulredrel
fixed typos
  • Like 1

Congrats gents. All of them are superb. 

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

19 minutes ago, ensamvarg said:

Try refreshing the post and let me know if still doesn't work. 🙂

Fixed, thx 🙂

Congratulations for the winners!

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Congratulations to both winners and runner ups....cannot wait to try those liveries in DCS

• Like 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Congratulation to winners, I believe the voting was in DCS livery Art Group! AM I right? If the answer is positive, how these liveries won the completion while they didnt participate in voting!
if the HB choose the winners WHY did you guys ask the community to vote ?!

Congratulations to alle the winners.

Great work from everybody who did a submission.

Thanks to HB for this contest.

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

@mani.zaeimHB chose the liveries to be a part of the base release, and there is a community vote to decide a favorite. That winner will receive a free module, I believe. and to address your "while they didn't participate in voting", every single livery here was in the LAG discord.

Edited by Shmoo42

Congrats to all winners, but also congrats to all that submitted their work. 🙂

Are the winner's liveries going to be implemented to the module?

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

7 hours ago, TOViper said:

Are the winner's liveries going to be implemented to the module?

Yes, thats the plan I think.

If we are lucky, maybe with the next patch.

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Congrats to all the winners, outstanding job!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.