missing feature/ bug, cannot set more than one wingspan profiles for gunsight (?)

Steelpanther

I don't know if it is working as intended but I doubt it. Obviously there is slots for multiple gunsight wingspans available in the jet from 1-127. Those slots are scrollable with increment switch.

But setting one profile to a wingspan value sets it to all the profiles overriding all profiles. It is not possible to set multiple profiles at the moment.

Seems very fishy from the look of it, but maybe it works like this. nvidia replay is currently uploaded
 to youtube so the quality might still be bit low but get better as HD version is processed at this time.

Edited by Steelpanther

I don't know if it is working as intended but I doubt it. Obviously there is slots for multiple gunsight wingspans available in the jet from 1-127. Those slots are scrollable with increment switch.
But setting one profile to a wingspan value sets it to all the profiles overriding all profiles. It is not possible to set multiple profiles at the moment.
Seems very fishy from the look of it, but maybe it works like this. nvidia replay is currently uploaded
 to youtube so the quality might still be bit low but get better as HD version is processed at this time.

1-127 are the max available steerpoints stored in the flight computer and not "profiles" for wingspan in manual gunsight (eegs lvl2).

If you look at your own video, every time you change the number with the grey button on the ICP you are selecting a different steerpoint (HUD lower right distances are changing).

I think you can have only 1 possible wingspan selected and to change it you have to do it manually every time.

Now a question for the experts: does this setting also affect eegs lvl5 or it automatically understand the correct wingspan with radar assisted gunnery?

Regards

Sent from my MI 10 Lite 5G using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Rubberduck85 said:

Now a question for the experts: does this setting also affect eegs lvl5 or it automatically understand the correct wingspan with radar assisted gunnery?

Changing the wingspan has no effect on eegs lvl5, the DED page is called "MAN" for a reason, there isn't much manual abou eegs lvl5.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Rubberduck85:

1-127 are the max available steerpoints stored in the flight computer and not "profiles" for wingspan in manual gunsight (eegs lvl2).

If you look at your own video, every time you change the number with the grey button on the ICP you are selecting a different steerpoint (HUD lower right distances are changing).

I think you can have only 1 possible wingspan selected and to change it you have to do it manually every time.

Regards

Afaik, it affects the funnel width in all modes, with or without a lock. 

Couldn't watch the video in my lunch time at work, thanks for the explanation about the 1-127 issue. 

6 hours ago, Rubberduck85 said:

Regards

ok thanks for info. Chucks guide p.364 f-16 viper provided incorrect information on this matter, leading to me misunderstanding those 1-127 were wingspan profiles.

7 hours ago, Rubberduck85 said:

I'm sure since it's about harm employment emoji13.png

3.1 – M61A1 GUN 3.1.1 – EEGS (Enhanced Envelope Gun Sight) Introduction. its in there atleast my pdf version of chucks guide f-16 viper

Edited by Steelpanther

1 hour ago, Steelpanther said:

3.1 – M61A1 GUN 3.1.1 – EEGS (Enhanced Envelope Gun Sight) Introduction. its in there atleast my pdf version of chucks guide f-16 viper

I wouldn't recommend using chucks guides nor any other guide for these specific things. Chucks guides and the DCS F-16 manual do a great job at teaching people who only wish for a simple way to get into the aircraft. None of these guides or manuals are any good for in-detail stuff. They contain misinformation and bad explanations, and in most cases just completely leaving things undescribed or unmentioned. For bug reports, advanced system knoweldge and any other aplication where in depth knowledge is required you have no other choice than to read the real flight manuals. You simply can't compress 2400 packed pages of pure usefull information into a 250 page pdf file with pretty pictures. It's not possible, and for that reason avoid using these guides for such things as this discussion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is no need to react to this with "confused".

The number in the top right will always show you the currently selected steerpoint, unless it's marked otherwise (like "PROG 1" on the CMDS page). This is BASIC F-16 knowledge.

This should have been mentioned in the UFC / ICP section, but it wasn't. I'm assuming because Chuck didn't know that when he wrote his guide.
On the other hand he teaches us how to save manual EEGS profiles (page 371), which is wrong.

Had he talked to an F-16 pilot or read the official manual, this wouldn't have happened.

You see, just because a guide is popular doesn't mean it's accurate. If you report a bug, stick to official documentation.
(I would dig further through the guide, but the lack of a proper index, page numbers and hyperlinks is turning me off already. How are people supposed to find anything?)