Helicopters Tournament 13

Alpenwolf

1 hour ago, Revenant said:

I'm going to have to drop from this. The community that I live in just announced that they will have a planned power outage during the exact time that this event takes place. 

Understood. See you next time hopefully.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Please remove me from participation. The text did not include a map of the Persian Gulf. From the screenshot, I did not immediately understand this. I will take part in the following events. I won't have time to prepare for tomorrow. Sorry.

2-я Боевая Авиа Группа|Ютуб |

Asus p8h67 v3.0 rev B3 | Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3 gHz | RAM Kingston DDR3 20GB | Palit GTX 670 Jet Stream 2GB (:(умерла)| Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8Gb | 1920x1080 | РУС - VPC MongoosT-50 Black Edition Flightstick | РУД - Saitek X52 | VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base + VPC SharKa-50 Grip | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR5 + TrackClip pro  

"Клиент вырос, новый клиент тупой, его мало интересует авиация..." (с) Неизвестный весёлый пилот.

17 minutes ago, 2BAG_Inferno said:

Please remove me from participation. The text did not include a map of the Persian Gulf. From the screenshot, I did not immediately understand this. I will take part in the following events. I won't have time to prepare for tomorrow. Sorry.

I thought it was obvious, especially when talking about the objective being Qeshm Island airbase. My bad.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

7 minutes ago, ghost84 said:

Just tried the mission file. Jumped in one of the Huey but was not able to load any troops via the CTLD menu.

I'll have a look...

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

37 minutes ago, ghost84 said:

Just tried the mission file. Jumped in one of the Huey but was not able to load any troops via the CTLD menu.

Works fine now! Thanks for reporting. Saved me a lot of headache. The updated mission file can be downloaded from the main post of this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The 1st tournament I tried to fly with 5-7 FPS...
All the three lifes i was not aware of what am I doing. Fuck this!
I had it in head to fly that way!
Let it be Caucaucusis for all the times!

Edited by Uragx

Chopper pilots make History, man. Jetfighters - make movies... ©

Red Won!!!

It looked like Blue were going to win it after deploying a total of a little over 80 infantries and killing all Red troops. At some point Red managed to slowly bring back more and more infantries to the airbase while killing Blue infantries. The Mi-8 was the helicopter of the event! Those door-gunners must've had been on steroids or something.

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Great event as usuall, very enjoyable!!

It really looked like red is going to lose, but the ROSS guys and other other remaining ones did an amazing job and defeated the blue ones!

The massive Huey minigun fire really hit the FPS hard. maybe going back to 2 or 3 objectives would help to spread the helis over a wider area, resulting in less bullets in near proximity to the players. This could help with the framerate.

Oh bollocks. I completely missed this.

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

7 hours ago, BlackPixxel said:

Great event as usuall, very enjoyable!!

It really looked like red is going to lose, but the ROSS guys and other other remaining ones did an amazing job and defeated the blue ones!

The massive Huey minigun fire really hit the FPS hard. maybe going back to 2 or 3 objectives would help to spread the helis over a wider area, resulting in less bullets in near proximity to the players. This could help with the framerate.

Sorry Blackpixxel i subscripe the split in more than one object and a range about a few kilometer between them. But it is not correct, that the FPS dropped only by the MIniguns of the Huey. It is the same with the russian Gunpods in burst mode. We know that since a long time. The problem is the gameengine. But you a right in case the Huey with the autogunner makes it a little bit more laggy. Every time somebody is firing the engine have to check on the ground and in the air, what was hit or damaged. I would say every engine like DCS or Arma 3 with a real ballistic had that same problem.  

It was a really fun experience. I speak also for Mustang51 and Kistoy who are also part of the same unit I'm in. We tried to coordinate with the ROSS guys and it seems that with good effect.

Looking forward to the next one! hopefully, with the Hind this time 😉

By the way I think the most effective anti infantry weapon was the GUV launchers. Man I did one strafing run where I just cleaned the runway. I finished with almost 50 infantry kills. Just for you to consider for other events.

Edited by Eviscerador

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Eviscerador said:

By the way I think the most effective anti infantry weapon was the GUV launchers. Man I did one strafing run where I just cleaned the runway. I finished with almost 50 infantry kills. Just for you to consider for other events.

Yeah, I know. Which is why I never bother taking anything else other than the GUV pods. Rocket pods too if allowed/available.

I will either remove the GUV pods for the next one or reduce the door-gunners' accuracy of the Mi-8. They were at 100% same as the Huey's. Might bring it down to 75% while keeping the GUV pods or remove the pods while keeping the Mi-8 gunners at 100%.

Already got a nice idea for the next one (Caucasus for sure) but I'd rather wait a bit to hopefully include the Hind.

Once we have the Hind it will be 10 x Mi-8's for Red plus either 10 x Ka-50's or 10 x Mi-24's or 5 x Ka-50's and 5 x Mi-24's. Probably 10 x Mi-24's as everyone will be hyped to fly it. At least in the early stages. And if 10 x Hinds and those beauties have some air-to-air missiles then we might see the Mistral back in the game to counter that and mix up things a bit.

We'll see...

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments