AH/MH-6 Little Bird after KW

flybull

Hello,

I would like to initiate a discussion on the desirability of an AH-6J/MH-6J module for DCS - specifically a Polychop Simulations created module.

With the experience gained on Gaz and OH-58, via SMEs connected to PC, they are well placed to take this on.

Please refrain from comments like "you wont get any documentation" -   I can neither confirm or deny the existence of supporting documentation for this module,

For the purposes of this discussion lets ASSUME that PC could technically make this module..

IF we could have an AH/MH-6J......who would be interested?

• Like 7

+1 👍

I also hope we get the AH-1F Tow Cobra sometimes in future. Imagine what a dream it would be to have all those legendary choppers in DCS (AH-64D, AH-1F, OH-58D, AH/MH-6J).

• Like 4

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

It's been explicitly mentioned on several parts of these forums and on PC discord that a Little0Bird is out of the question. Boeing is not going to license the product nor give any information about the design of the helicopter since it's still in active service.

Bottom line, not going to happen for a long, long time.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

On 2/11/2021 at 7:02 AM, Looney said:

It's been explicitly mentioned on several parts of these forums and on PC discord that a Little0Bird is out of the question. Boeing is not going to license the product nor give any information about the design of the helicopter since it's still in active service.

Pretty much this. I think Boeing in concert with 160th SOAR issued an emphatic LOLNO.

AH-6 would be good... any of them. 

I would like mine to be a good stiff whisky when it comes to the AH-1...... superb versatility.

For Blue side larger utility choppers, a Merlin, Puma or NS-90 would be top of my list. 

Pave Low would go to the top of that list if it was on offer, great equipment and air to air capability..... I would be happy to use it as a basic utility chopper. 🙂

• Like 2

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 4 months later...

they stated sometime ago on the discord that ah-6 and mh-6 is not happening and most likley cant be done by anyone else because the 160th would laugh and say "no!" because even if it is a known airframe they have quite some confidential equipment on board.

Edited by 1stBEAST

On 2/10/2021 at 4:04 AM, flybull said:

IF we could have an AH/MH-6J......who would be interested?

No thanks. I am not interested in the AH-6 / MH-6 whatsoever.

However, for those who are, there was already an AH-6 mod brought out a little while back. https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/228394-helicopter-efm-demo/

The person who did the mod is now working for Razbam, so it strikes me that such a project is far more likely to be taken on by Razbam than Polychop.

• Like 1

I'm too 👍

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

I welcome and probably buy every helicopter, but for now I would prefere a medium sized utility helicopter like the "HH-60G Pave Hawk", "MH-60R (SH-60B/F) Seahawk" or "UH-60L Black Hawk". I would glady accept any of the european medium sized helicopters too.

• Like 1

wishlist: HH-60G Pave Hawk, MH-60R Sea Hawk, UH-60L Black Hawk, NH90, Super (Sea) Lynx / Mk.88, ME: A placeable animated LSE/marshaller for individual created FARPs

looking forward to: A-6E Intruder, A-7E Corsair II, BO-105 PAH1A1, C-130J, CH-47F Chinook, Eurofighter Typhoon, F-4E Phantom II, F4U-1D Corsair, OH-58D Kiowa, Tornado

Apache beware of the Sikorsky Armed Black Hawk!

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to see the Little Bird in DCS.

I do have the mod and find it very interesting.

Edited by AKA_Clutter

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/11/2021 at 6:02 AM, Looney said:

They don't need the exact little bird cockpit they can always scan the civilian version and build off of that.

• 1 month later...

The MD500/530 would be a lot more versatile.  Their flown all over the world carry a ridiculous number of different weapon systems and the modern version is a glass cockpit with modern flight controls.  You could do a very solid AH-6 load out easily with a MD530, the AH-6 on the other hand has never carried TOWs to my knowledge.