HMAS Melbourne R21 (1980)

I always finish my own work, and I intended to finish this one day along with a couple of others I was working on, todays as good a day as any for this one. The image I am working from shows the main deck colours to be grey, darker on the flight line, but I'll do you both grey and green.  I have had to move some things a little out of alignment with the actual deck because its not the same ship or the same era, so what you see is what you get. 

Screen_210324_212642.png

• Like 1

Here you go, these livery files were created for the version of the Melbourne that I am running in my game, it may not be up to date in which case you may have to alter the description and file details to fit your game.  That's easy enough to do, just copy what's in the other livery folders, the formats are the same (or should be !).  Grey deck and Green decks included, pick the one you want and ditch the other one. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxbtoatxs9tvbq8/ARA Independencia.zip?dl=0

Screen_210324_220251.png

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

I always finish my own work, and I intended to finish this one day along with a couple of others I was working on, todays as good a day as any for this one. The image I am working from shows the main deck colours to be grey, darker on the flight line, but I'll do you both grey and green.  I have had to move some things a little out of alignment with the actual deck because its not the same ship or the same era, so what you see is what you get. 

Screen_210324_212642.png

Thanks Mate!!!

The Independencia had several colours through out its career, The green and dark grey being the last one with corsairs and Trackers on board, and an eventual Panther...(although catapults were not strong enough to launch jets).

530107_10150908310648368_153479548367_12777521_1093707588_n.jpg

641517419e4771dd6d64e3bf30225606.jpg

I had to move the V1 and the bow smoke marker inboard a little bit because of the placement of the cat on the Melbourne, and I think the deck angle may have been slightly different for them both as well, so it has to be a little bit of a compromise. Would be nice to have a decent Corsair for her, in due course I believe. 

2 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

So it would appear that AI Hornets don't like landing on it either (as well as launching unless it's the first to do so). Always waves off even with no stores and less than 50% fuel.

Yea there's a few problems regarding AI launching and landing, I've had some success launching and recovering some AI aircraft like the C-2, but only the first airplane will launch. Seems to be a problem with the parking spots where the next wont be able to reach the catapult.

I'm sure these issues will be resolved soon 🙂

3 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

I had to move the V1 and the bow smoke marker inboard a little bit because of the placement of the cat on the Melbourne, and I think the deck angle may have been slightly different for them both as well, so it has to be a little bit of a compromise. Would be nice to have a decent Corsair for her, in due course I believe. 

Thank You so, so much!!! Brilliant work!!!!

Now I just need the F4U from leatherneck jejeje

On 3/24/2021 at 6:07 PM, crazyeddie said:

Here you go, these livery files were created for the version of the Melbourne that I am running in my game, it may not be up to date in which case you may have to alter the description and file details to fit your game.  That's easy enough to do, just copy what's in the other livery folders, the formats are the same (or should be !).  Grey deck and Green decks included, pick the one you want and ditch the other one. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxbtoatxs9tvbq8/ARA Independencia.zip?dl=0

Screen_210324_220251.png

Excellent work mate. Perhaps you'll tackle a skin making her an Essex class carrier next?

14 hours ago, aviation360 said:

Just out of curiosity regarding the S-2 Tracker mod, Is there a E-1 Tracer version of that Tracker mod? And Do you happen to know when the mod might be released? If you don’t know when it will be released then I understand 

No idea, not in my hands, I'm on the periphery of it.  I doubt there will be a tracer mod with it, but again, not something I have control over.

19 hours ago, Bungo said:

No idea, not in my hands, I'm on the periphery of it.  I doubt there will be a tracer mod with it, but again, not something I have control over.

If you're in the periphery of it, could you put in a good word to release it for us? 🙂

Edited by mmarques

46 minutes ago, toni said:

Why  DCS requests me authorization to use this mod and Charles de Gaulle ?  Do they need FC3 ?

Have you tried to place it at= User/Saved Games/Dcs Open Beta/Mods/tech.

Edited by MEBF109

On 3/21/2021 at 10:38 PM, Helles Belle said:

hey @Bungo, fantastic mod. DCS has needed a carrier of this size and vintage for a long time. Great job.

Quick query, am I missing something here, pardon the pun, but I can never seem to catch the wire with the A-4.

As it’s the only hook A/C I have, I can’t compare with another. The A-4 does catch the wire on the Stennis though.

I’ve watched externally and the wheels touch down in the right spot and the hook travels across the wire, but every time it’s full power and around we go.

At least I’m getting proficient in carrier CCTS.

Also, for any one that’s interested, after seeing Bungo’s job on the Melbourne I’ve gone through and redone all my RAN A-4 skins.

I had a couple up for download already but have now pur them all up. Hope you all can put them to good use.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315560/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315590/

Love your skins!

Was the 887 that blueish though? All the pictures I saw it was a more muted almost grey color, seems a little out of place. 

Great work though 🙂

EDIT: Found this color guide, bad picture but it says light grey:

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/783/pics/139_1.jpg

Edited by mmarques

On 3/20/2021 at 9:20 PM, mmarques said:

Very nice, would you be willing to share it with us?

Hi, sorry for the late response, yes, i will uploaded to the user files section. It's not that specific blue, in reality is like a grey but it appear to change with angle and lights, so i see it much darker.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mmarques said:

Love your skins!

Was the 887 that blueish though? All the pictures I saw it was a more muted almost grey color, seems a little out of place. 

Great work though 🙂

EDIT: Found this color guide, bad picture but it says light grey:

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/783/pics/139_1.jpg

image.gif

basically yes but I’ll recheck other documents for cross reference.

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

@mmarques i just checked some other sources the light admiralty grey was correct. (Yeah it's more blue, who knows why they get named what they do)

But, the aircraft grey was out, so I have fixed that for the next upload of the RAN ones which is hopefully tomorrow.

Thankyou for asking about the blue as I wouldn't have noticed the grey.

As a result I also adjusted my grey & white A-4's which are all in one pack of 8 now.

I know it's the wrong thread but here's a sneak peak of the major changes.

6bc24f28a47f1db772beea8738c17b7eb28b75dd

f47b4a2855889a515a77bf0c3d03e44f9076dbcf

Edited by Helles Belle

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Helles Belle said:

@mmarques i just checked some other sources the light admiralty grey was correct. (Yeah it's more blue, who knows why they get named what they do)

But, the aircraft grey was out, so I have fixed that for the next upload of the RAN ones which is hopefully tomorrow.

Thankyou for asking abouy the blue as I wouldn't have noticed the grey.

As a result I also adjusted my grey & white A-4's which are all in one pack of 8 now.

I know it's the wrong thread but here's a sneak peak of the major changes.

6bc24f28a47f1db772beea8738c17b7eb28b75dd

f47b4a2855889a515a77bf0c3d03e44f9076dbcf

Looks absolutely amazing, thank you so much for doing these!

• Like 2

image.jpeg

Beautiful work Helles.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

@BungoI have been trying to get the parking areas to work, I found out that the second to last waypoint for parking 2-6 is too close to the catapult and so they stop too close and start circling around. I moved it a little bit backwards and they do not circle around anymore. There's something with the catapult however, they taxi to it but when they hook up they teleport a little ahead and then fall through the model and explode. It doesn't seem to be the catapult location in the lua as they taxi and stop at the correct position. Have you taken a look at it yourself and is there something I could help with?

Thank you for delivering to us such a beautiful asset, I am only trying to help improve it!

==================================================================

NOTICE:  (April 7, 2021)  HMAS Melbourne v1.1 is updated on ED's User Files for download.

==================================================================

Thanks to @mmarques and @Helles Belle for fixes and testing.

The failure to catch the arrestor wires that some were experiencing and some of the AI issues to do with taxiing and the catapult should be fixed.  Minor enhancement to the model included.

Cheers

Braedon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2