HMAS Melbourne R21 (1980)

Would this WIP or otherwise, work with A-4E-C 2.0 beta 4? I cannot seem to be able to launch from it.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 hour ago, VFGiPJP said:

Would this WIP or otherwise, work with A-4E-C 2.0 beta 4? I cannot seem to be able to launch from it.

Yes, it works fine, stop your front wheel on the catapult and press U, then flaps down and full throttle.

Make sure the carrier is steaming over 15Knts and preferably faster with some head wind if you're carrying a heavy load.

Thanks all. Finally get it to work, with the "Fixed Wing" version but not the "Fixed Wing (WIP)" one...even if the flat top is stationary.

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

3 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

Thanks all. Finally get it to work, with the "Fixed Wing" version but not the "Fixed Wing (WIP)" one...even if the flat top is stationary.

The faster the ship is going, the easier it will be to take off, I use the WIP version.

Yeah WIP Version is the realistic one so:

1 you need to have wind over the deck, (the ship pointing into the wind, making at least 20kts or more.

2 you need to check maximum takeoff weight´s 

3 check Trim as appropriate for weight.

Edited by Baco

Hey guys, I was just having some fun with the new ship-based TACAN and MCL features of the A-4.

The TACAN works like a charm, but there seems to be an offset in the ICLS-bearing relative to the landing deck on the Melbourne:

MelbourneICLS1.jpg

MelbourneICLS2.jpg

Looks like the ICLS-course is "angled" a little too much towards port.

I was using the "WIP" variant of the boat.

Edited by Bremspropeller

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

22 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Hey guys, I was just having some fun with the new ship-based TACAN and MCL features of the A-4.

The TACAN works like a charm, but there seems to be an offset in the ICLS-bearing relative to the landing deck on the Melbourne:

MelbourneICLS1.jpg

MelbourneICLS2.jpg

Looks like the ICLS-course is "angled" a little too much towards port.

I was using the "WIP" variant of the boat.

This is on the A-4. If you could submit an issue to the issue tracker. An offset from the unit centre is used to calculate the position of the glideslope and localiser. For the stennis and the super carriers the offset is approximately the same. Of course since the Melborne is smaller it will be too far to the left. It's also likely the deck is angled by a different amount.

• 1 month later...

Many thanks for this it is a great addition, landing the A4 is quite a challenge and great fun. In future releases any plans for a more weathered superstructure ? Deck by the way is really top notch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Penguin625 said:

what is the plane with the props in the pictures on the first page. i cant find that mod. can someone please send me link to the mod. 

Yea, there S-2 Trackers, they only static object and not available sadly.

Edited by navyBtown

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry @Bungo I couldn't help myself.

I was after an Aussie STOL type ship. 

So I 'activated' your HMAS Sydney skin (added the number and the warning)🙂

HMAS Sydney 1.jpg

Edited by Helles Belle
  • Like 4

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

No appology necessary.  Like the warning...We have the Bogan HMAS Sydney, complete with "If you can read this you are ..... " bumper sticker...

I think it needs another one near the front chock tho, "If you can read this, nozzles down...now!"

Edited by Bungo
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 12:18 AM, Stratos said:

Are you guys capable of landing a Hornet on the Melbourne? 

Also, how many Hornets would fit on the Melbourne? 6 + helos?

Hornets never operated from Melbourne IRL, though they overlapped with her service by a year or so, but in the RAAF not the RAN FAA, so "number of hornets" is probably about 3-4 for parking purposes, but "as many as you can cram on" if you have real people who don't care about AI taxi and parking bays and you stagger spawn in..