HMAS Melbourne R21 (1980)

1 hour ago, reece146 said:

I've lost scope on this mod/project...

Was the AI/static Tracker ever made available?

Just curious.

A group was going to do something with a model I gave them to make one in an aircraft pack they had (with the P3 orion and a few other aircraft they already had in their pack), but I've not been following it and forgot who it was now.  Hawkeye might remember who it was?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 7:07 AM, Bungo said:

A group was going to do something with a model I gave them to make one in an aircraft pack they had (with the P3 orion and a few other aircraft they already had in their pack), but I've not been following it and forgot who it was now.  Hawkeye might remember who it was?

• 2 months later...

So, I asked @Bungo some time ago if he was planning on updating HMAS Melbourne & Daring Class Destroyer ships, mainly adding the new ship's wake to them. As with most of us, he has been a bit busy and hasn’t had much free time to try working on it, but he was able to pull it off. I will post a dropbox link so you can get the shape folder that you will need for HMAS Melbourne.

This is for those who already have HMAS Melbourne downloaded.

Installation:

Once you download the new shape file’s you’re going to copy them and paste them into the Melbourne shape folder.  “Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mod/tech/MELBOURNE1980/Shapes”. These files will overwrite the existing ones.

Please note it is still a WIP.

Link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9bpm59w74lwsj6/Mel-ship-wake-put-in-shapes-foldr.7z?dl=0

Bow Shot.png

Stern Shot.png

Edited by navyBtown
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, navyBtown said:

So, I asked @Bungo some time ago if he was planning on updating HMAS Melbourne & Daring Class Destroyer ships, mainly adding the new ship's wake to them. As with most of us, he has been a bit busy and hasn’t had much free time to try working on it, but he was able to pull it off. I will post a dropbox link so you can get the shape folder that you will need for HMAS Melbourne.

Please note it is still a WIP.

Link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9bpm59w74lwsj6/Mel-ship-wake-put-in-shapes-foldr.7z?dl=0

Hi Mate, first, Thanks a lot for taking the time to fix it and share with us!

But where do I replace the files, in Shapes? inside the MOD?

Thanks again.

48 minutes ago, Baco said:

Hi Mate, first, Thanks a lot for taking the time to fix it and share with us!

But where do I replace the files, in Shapes? inside the MOD?

Thanks again.

You would be right, they go into the Shapes folder. But go back and put in an installation bit to help anyone else.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 7:09 PM, Bremspropeller said:

Hey guys, I was just having some fun with the new ship-based TACAN and MCL features of the A-4.

The TACAN works like a charm, but there seems to be an offset in the ICLS-bearing relative to the landing deck on the Melbourne:

MelbourneICLS1.jpg

MelbourneICLS2.jpg

Looks like the ICLS-course is "angled" a little too much towards port.

I was using the "WIP" variant of the boat.

What i must do to set tacan and icls in the A4E for land un the Melbourne?

26 minutes ago, Stilgar said:

What i must do to set tacan and icls in the A4E for land un the Melbourne?

Depends on what the mission-builder has set for TACAN and ICLS. It works the same as with the other carriers.

Just make sure, the carrier's radio frequency is in the UHF band, as the Skyhawk doesn't have a VHF-radio - the default 127.500MHz frequency is a VHF frequency. I ususlly select 250.000 as the carrier-frequency when A-4s are in the mission.

• Thanks 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

• 4 months later...

Hello Guys. My squad is a role play type, and we are based on the 70´s Argentinian navy thus we operate from the ARA 25 de mayo and Independencia.

when it was 6 or 8 of us it was just fine but now that we have grown we have trouble occupying slots on the Melbourne carriers. up to 4 is ok, more than that we get the "your flight is delayed" or worst, we spawn on top of each other. Is any other Squad operating A-4s on the Melbourne? Anyone has any experience on how to build missions with 8 to 10 planes on deck to start?

We use to spawn in turns and move backwards but with the new "steering" on the A-4 its proving too complicated.

Any help or tip will be appreciated.

Cheers

3 hours ago, Baco said:

Hello Guys. My squad is a role play type, and we are based on the 70´s Argentinian navy thus we operate from the ARA 25 de mayo and Independencia.

when it was 6 or 8 of us it was just fine but now that we have grown we have trouble occupying slots on the Melbourne carriers. up to 4 is ok, more than that we get the "your flight is delayed" or worst, we spawn on top of each other. Is any other Squad operating A-4s on the Melbourne? Anyone has any experience on how to build missions with 8 to 10 planes on deck to start?

We use to spawn in turns and move backwards but with the new "steering" on the A-4 its proving too complicated.

Any help or tip will be appreciated.

Cheers

The issue is the carrier is very small and it only has 6 actual positions for aircraft, if you try to have more than that the extra ones will start to fill existing locations (or giving you the "your flight is delayed" message). The same issue will happen in airfields and other carriers although less noticeable because they usually have far more than only 6 locations where you can start from.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mmarques said:

The issue is the carrier is very small and it only has 6 actual positions for aircraft, if you try to have more than that the extra ones will start to fill existing locations (or giving you the "your flight is delayed" message). The same issue will happen in airfields and other carriers although less noticeable because they usually have far more than only 6 locations where you can start from.

Thanks for the Info mate. Thats what I feared. but maybe someone had discovered a system to occupy a slot in certain order or something.

With my squad GAE we were occupying all of us in the runway (catapult), and moving bakwards to let another pilot in, but the new realistic handling of the A4  prevents any such maneuvers.

Also found out that if you leave the server and return its easier to get a slot on deck. but to complicated.

I guess we will have to get creative with the back story and operate only 6 Scooters at a time from deck.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This looks amazing.  Only ever got on board Melbourne once, when it was alongside & parked next to us at G.I. in Syd.  Nice old ship.  Shame its gone.
As an ex-RAN HMAS Vampire crew-member I'm gonna have to install this mod (If I can figure out how to!).  Landing will be a challenge! LOL

Edit: While I've installed the carrier, and I already have the A4 installed, how do I find missions that use the carrier?  Or do we have to create our own?

Edited by IceBandit
More info

Gday @IceBandit

You’ll love the Melbourne mod.

As far as missions go there might be someone on the A-4 discord (link below if you’re not already there) that has some they are willing to share.

https://discord.gg/qDv4DVFa

I’m just content flying circuits off her all day long so that’s all I have.

It sure is more challenging than the bigger carriers but more rewarding.

HB.

• Like 1

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg