Have you done proper alignment via CDU before taking off, are they bombs in DCMS labelled as ready or ALN UNS (i think this i correct term). I had the same issue because i completed my take off before the alignment was finished. You can see the alignment is complete when the CDU writes T 4.0.0.8 on one line at the bottom.

I am sure some of the other more brilliant minds in here can explain it much better 🙂

Edited by Bedouin

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

If you fly straight and level for too long, GBU-38s, GBU-31s and GBU-54s can “go to sleep” on you.  It’s a good practice to waggle your wings a bit or make slight turns so they stay awake.  If they “nod off” and you attempt to pickle, you’ll get an abort.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Chaprot said:

whatever the cause of the "launch aborted" fault, is there a procedure for acknowledging and reauthorizing the release of GBUs bombs?

Yes. Mash the pickle down and hold it and hope you are still in a LAR. If you are still in a LAR the weapon will release like normal. After the initial aborted launch attempt you only have a few seconds before the bomb basically safes itself up and you are either taking it home or selectivce jettesoning it.

Also when dropping the bomb, just hold the pickle button until it comes off the wing. It takes longer than you expect. Its not a set time that the button needs to be held its literally just that if the pickle is released before the bomb drops it will abort the launch.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...