today while Playing DCS, Syria Map Flying Gazelle and KA-50.

Targanon

My system is I9-9900K @ 5.0ghz, 64GB Ram @ 3600Mhz Gigabyte Aorus Extreme RTX 3090 (Tweaked) M.2 drives and SSD's.

Running 4K.

average FPS in Syria is 150FPS.
Graphics set to High or Extreme preload 5500K everything else at max.

today while flying the Gazelle for the first time in ages.. Its a revisit thing hoping its gotten better..

I noticed a sort of rolling Stutter.. or Tumbling.. I've had this once before but that was with the older card a Aorus Extreme 1080ti.
so I jumped into the Ka-50 and flew the same track just to make sure of it and it was still there..

so I did some digging make sure I had the lastest Video Drivers ..Check..test again still there..

restart the DCS session. Still there..

OK restart the System.. 

this is where I had a Problem.
DIEmWIN is preventing your system restarting ... WTF

OK so force the restart go hunting no sign of DIEmWIN on my system go hunting the net find its a few years old and is something to do ATI graphics cards..

so I'm thinking WTF.

Still have not gotten to the bottom of this stuttering and what DIEmWIN is.. but I feel its connected..

as I havfe no Stuttering right now and no sign of DIEmWIN..

ALSO GPU ram usage was MAXED out and GPU usage was 50%.. 

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

• 3 months later...

I am in the same, it seems that DieMWin is a program or process that turns off your graphics card. When it happens on my system, my graphics card shuts down, stops recording and graphics management, the computer hangs, and I have to resort to a manual reboot. It's a complex issue outside of DCS, but if anyone knows about it, a contribution would be nice.

It could be related to full screen, when a process tries to change the resolution to desktop size, but I'm not sure, I'll keep investigating.

I confirm that this issue was somehow related to the full screen feature. I have disabled the box from the control panel and the problem has not reappeared.

EDIT: Today it has happened again without full screen, after a DCS crash, the graphics card has been disabled. I assume it must be a problem with my system, although it is in good health, it is old.

Edited by La Unión Atazar

On 2/11/2021 at 4:00 PM, Targanon said:

I noticed a sort of rolling Stutter.. or Tumbling.. I've had this once before but that was with the older card a Aorus Extreme 1080ti.
so I jumped into the Ka-50 and flew the same track just to make sure of it and it was still there..

Can you post the track here? 

It should be located when saved in similar location like this one C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Tracks , also post your game settings and dcs.log right after flight C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs to see if we can reproduce the issue and determine the cause.

Edited by RosyPlays