Question about different cockpit versions

Icarus1976
Go to solution Solved by Raven (Elysian Angel),

Hi all,

sorry if this is an obvious question, but I've just seen a YT tutorial for the Huey and the cockpit looks totally different to what I have (e.g. yellow stripes on the frame and a digital? altimeter).

My question now is, am I using an old module? Can anyone please help me? And if so, how do I get the updated version?

In addition, I purchased this module when it was in beta (June 2013)

Thanks guys.

Edited by Icarus1976

My YouTube-Channel <--:thumbup: :joystick: :pilotfly:

• Solution

Hey,

There are several "cockpit liveries" available for download in for example the "User Files" section of the official DCS website. Some people also make their own, with a few added decals etc.

Personally, I use a combination of 2 different cockpit mods: one with mipmaps removed for increased readability in VR, and clearer green cockpit glass in anticipation for a new cockpit model by ED that supports DS/PBR.

No so, there's no need to worry. Yes it's an old module that doesn't support changes ED made to DCS over 3 years ago, but we're all in the same boat 🙂

• Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

57 minutes ago, Icarus1976 said:

and a digital? altimeter

That is part of the default cockpit. It's the radar alitmeter (not to be confused with the barometric altimeter). It needs to be powered on through the respective switch far back on the overhead panel and then a LOW ALT and HIGH ALT setting needs to be dialed in before it comes to live.

• Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 3:38 PM, QuiGon said:

That is part of the default cockpit. It's the radar alitmeter (not to be confused with the barometric altimeter). It needs to be powered on through the respective switch far back on the overhead panel and then a LOW ALT and HIGH ALT setting needs to be dialed in before it comes to live.

I see, thank you. Much to learn I have still, Master QuiGon. 😉

My YouTube-Channel <--:thumbup: :joystick: :pilotfly: