Viper fired AIM-9 on Head on pass for the 2nd round

Raviar

The briefing says they are allowed but won't be counted for kill removal. You were not called 'killed' by Showtime ,right? There is a flag that should prevent it.

Sometimes the AI fires, it's pretty random. If I make them active any later, it's too easy to kill them if you approach at an angle (like you should)

The 2nd AI is indeed quite slow, that's a mistake, I changed it just now. Thanks for the report and the tracks!

Edited by Reflected

1st I would like to thank you a lot for all the effort, I am not really tomcat driver however this campaign is great.

after I got shoot by the viper, i didnt receive any damage but I believe it called for "killed" and the viper disengaged, i cant really remember it 🙂 , i was a bit shocked 😄

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Reflected said:

Can you provide a track so I can check? How fast were you going? Was it the first or 2nd engagement?

It was the second engagement. I'm not exactly sure how fast was I was going, guess it was close to mach 1. Unfortunately, at least for me when replaying the track it crashes the plane at takeoff. 😕 It's also somehow 38MB so had to use external site to upload it. In case you can make it go further than the takeoff crash, excuse my garbage flying as I tend to watch Youtube on second monitor during the quiet parts.  I also totally cheated the first engagement by starting from too high altitude... Could very well be I broke some triggers by flying too much out of the intended route. Anyway, here's the track: https://filebin.net/18mtjcydj1sesma7

Thanks for the info. It’s due to the above mentioned issue of the 2nd Viper being too slow. It will be fixed soon. 

in the meantime you can circumvent this by not flying straight at him, but approaching at an angle, like a proper intercept. Turn 40 degrees and keep him at the edge of your radar, then slowly turn towards him as you approach. You’ll end up with a side attack, a much better position. 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I just checked the mission: you become vulnerable to hits 30 seconds after you enter a 4.5 mile radius circle around the bandit. It depends on your geometry, but in 99.99% of the cases that should put you behind his wingline. 

Are you sure it was a guns hit though? Did you see the bullets/ hear the impact/ see it in the debrief?