AI Tanker Unresponsive

I've tried this in multiple aircraft with comms sets to 'easy communications' On and Off - The AI Tanker is unresponsive when call up to refuel. This is in single player. I've ensured I tried the keyboard easy options and harder HOTAS radio transmit options to test, Jester (F14) option and still have an unresponsive AI Tanker.

Most commonly, this happens when your refuelling equipment is incompatible with theirs.

Is it just in the F-14? What type of tanker are you trying to communicate with?

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

41 minutes ago, conrex1 said:

Tacview-20210212-205013-DCS-Fun Times.zip.acmi 76.04 kB · 1 download

Is this a trackfile using Tacview? - If so PFA.

no, DCS trackfile.

others can run the trackfile in DCS and see everything thats going on (cockpit clicking, cockpit display contents, mission scripting, ...)

its a file with .trk suffix, you can save it in debriefing screen.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

2 hours ago, conrex1 said:

Ah I see. I've tried it in the F18 however if it's a probe issue I see how this is the same thing. The tanker I'm trying it on is the KC- 135

Yes, I never can remember without looking which ones are which, but I think the 135 is a boom tanker, and the -14 and -18 obviously need a drogue-equipped one.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Remember that the suffix is important. For the same reason 'F-16 vs. MiG-21' is a meaningless comparison, you can't just use any tanker. 

In DCS, KC-135 is just a flying boom tanker. KC-135 MPRS signifies it has the Multiple Points Refueling System. It has two wingtip pods that can facilitate refueling of probe-equipped aircraft.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!