INS training mission 02 - issues recalibrating / training stuck

Althar93

Hello all,

I have recently acquired the Mirage and been playing through the various training missions. 

I have been having issues with the INS training mission (02) whereby I can't get the overfly update to work. The tutorial seems to imply I should hit REC when overflying the railway bridge.

When I try that, REC and VAL illuminate but nothing happens as I keep flying over the landmark. I tried checking the status of the INS but there are no changes there and the training mission just stays stuck in that state.

What am I doing wrong? Is this a bug with the INS update or should I be using the REC button ahead of time and validating?

My understanding is that the INS would work out the ground position under the aircraft when hitting REC and use this as the new origin for the waypoint, thereby computing the error from its internal frame of reference and adjusting it back to reflect the true long/latitude coordinates entered into the system?

Any help/information would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

• 3 months later...

Hi.

Same here, nothing happens after the REC and VAL press. Both in Caucasus and Nevada map. I recall doing that mission a few years ago and got it right. If any one could help... By the way, is there a YT video for the Radar INS update? I will look for it.

Saludos.

Saca111

There's a max update correction distance, 15 kn or nm, I forget. On update the PCN will display a direction and distance. If it doesn't then it's possibly too far. Pay attention to the navigation instrument too as it shows range.

Radar offset or oblique is really similar except choose it and push a different button.

3 hours ago, Sacarino111 said:

If any one could help...

The training Mission is currently bugged and doesn't proceed/trigger after the bridge overfly update - likely broken by the latest changes, 2.7.x update, etc.

Both overfly and OBL(radar offset) updates are working correctly in Open Beta 2.7.1.6709

More detail here

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

On 5/31/2021 at 4:07 AM, Ramsay said:

Both overfly and OBL(radar offset) updates are working correctly in Open Beta 2.7.1.6709

Hi.

Not in my side! I have been doing it for the last hour and the mission does not continue. I tried a few days ago with 2.7.1.6709 as well as right now with 2.7.1.7029. Maybe I am doing something wrong;

I fly over the bridge, press PREP and seconds later I press VAL. The Waypoint does update, but the instructor is silent. No other   reaction from the game. I can fly around, update many times the  waypoint but nothong happens after that. Asking for a repetition of the instructions does nothing, by the way. I will try to do a radar correction, but I don't think this will do any change.

Saludos

Saca111

Also, if I ask for a repetition of a the instructions the mission gets stuk in the middle of them

• Like 1

The INS update procedure works, the mission does not. The M02 training mission does not recognize pressing the "VAL" button. I guess one could open the mission and see what it was expecting, maybe auto advance to waypoint 3.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sacarino111 said:

Not in my side! I have been doing it for the last hour and the mission does not continue. I tried a few days ago with 2.7.1.6709 as well as right now with 2.7.1.7029. Maybe I am doing something wrong;

Here is the overfly update

Spoiler

OBRwMFz.jpg

... and here is me playing with OBL to update the INS so the waypoint is on the bridge and later deliberately move it to the "wrong" bridge

Spoiler

f30DpaG.jpg

4 hours ago, Sacarino111 said:

I have been doing it for the last hour and the mission does not continue.

As I said ...

On 5/31/2021 at 3:07 AM, Ramsay said:

The training Mission is currently bugged

... if you've been able to move the waypoint "+" around the bridge using overfly and OBL (radar offset/oblique) INS updating, there is nothing more to learn.

3 hours ago, Frederf said:

I guess one could open the mission and see what it was expecting, maybe auto advance to waypoint 3.

AFAIK it is looking for the REC and VAL cockpit arguments being pressed within the landmark's trigger zone.

It's possible the argument numbers have changed or are not working in Open Beta i.e. VAL switch 580 was using argument 581 and the mission triggers used to work.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Yeah that's it. Changing trigger "FL29 VAL button pressed" make sure both are COCKPIT ARGUMENT is index 580 and the limits are 1, 1 means the lesson continues.

There are some other things to fix in the text of the training mission since it was made before changes. All references to ENC function. RD/TD selector for 00 doesn't do what it s ays. One too many digits in point 02 entry. It could also direct you that preceding zeroes are no longer required. Plus nautical mile is abbreviated "nM" and there's a typo "thiis" near the end.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Training Mission #2 Still broken 29 Apr 2022 for both Nevada and Caucasus maps. 🙄

Still worth doing to learn the first bits, but the manual INS update still bugged (doesn't show update parameters) and mission does not progress.

Edited by ajoleary