A bunch of A-10 loadouts break the game AI

jpinard

https://gofile.io/d/oC29wm

I labeled the A-10's.  One works perfectly and will use all its ammo and bombs to take out the enemy, and the other does not.  Identical setup, outside of the different loadout.  I've spent all day testing this and there are a TON of loadouts where the A-10, and frankly lots of other aircraft will not do the job set before them.  They'll drop a bomb or two then leave.  If they even engage at all.

If you can fix this problem the "missions not working right" will get a lot better because triggers based on the AI doing a job are not triggering because the AI is broken with many weapon configs.

Edited by jpinard

In my quick test the AI that engaged only did so with its missiles. Once it ran out of missiles it returned to base. It appears that the source of the problem was the targets and the A-10 itself. The AI simply don't want to engage using guided or unguided bombs with air defenses present. If you change their reaction to threat to "evade fire" or less reaction then the AI will engage just fine.  The A-10 was a factor in that due to its parameters it knows its not fast and therefor is more threatened by the mere presence of certain sams or other defenses. 

What was weird was that it flew over the target to get to the end of its route anyway rather than just RTBing. 

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum