Altimeter setting sensitivity

Tusky

Hi all!

In the last update they have modified the sensitivity of the altimeter setting. That is fine but now if you want to change the setting via an assigned button, the speed the setting changes is hilariously fast... 😅

Request: could you please reduce the button-assigned sensitivity a bit?

Thank you!

Edited by Xamik75

• Tusky changed the title to Altimeter setting sensitivity

Agreed. While the last update reportedly fixed some issues some people were experiencing with some modules, I found it way excessive if click and dragging on the Hornet (resulted in tens of .inHg for a minor click&drag)

Edited by Ahmed

I have a whole series of missions I've created where I was setting the altimeter at mission start with the X: COCKPIT PERFORM CLICKABLE ACTION trigger.  This appears to have changed so the altimeter is now set incorrectly in all the missions.  This is mildly irritating.

Edited by Hippo
  • Like 1

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

@Hippo, I feel you, I just had to go through 13 Bold Cheetah missions to adjust.  Don't sweat it, too much, it won't take you long 🙂

I have to say, in general, it's much more realistic feeling now to adjust with the mouse, feels more "real" to me (as much as scrolling a mouse wheel vs. twisting an IRL altimeter knob).  For me, the one turn of a mouse wheel should equal one twist of the knob, which the newer format seems to fit better.

Doesn't help the folks who have bound it to a keystroke, but maybe ED can make two types of keypresses?  One the way it was, one the way it is.

• Like 1

I’m very glad they adjusted it because it took so long to adjust it for anything. Depending on weather, I could be dragging for minutes, and I’d be looking down so I could do the longest drag possible.

I can only imagine how it scaled now. So the button should probably be looked at.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill: