JetPad - JetSeat review

I recently purchased a Jetpad - Jetseat from Andre's Shop and thought of sharing my thoughts on the product:

https://andres.shop/jetpad-jetseat/24-80-vibrating-pad-simshaker-jetpad-fse.html#/11-color-black_chern/31-additional_software_included-simshaker_wings

Ordering:

I used DHL Express, it arrived in Croatia (from Russia, with love) in about 5-7 days, so, the delivery was top notch.

Product/Packaging:

The package was safely secured with multiple layers of tape (took me a while to remove it). The seat itself is really light, makes you wonder how light are those vibrating motors??

Setup:

Setup was easy. I installed the software, plugged in the seat into USB and that was it. No hassle. You will, though, probably take some time to set the shaking levels and types of vibrations to suit your needs (for the specific aircraft).

Is it worth the purchase?

After several days of using it, I'd say yes.

At first, I honestly thought it was just a gimmick but as I started using it in DCS, I realised it really adds another

dimension to your flying. In an effort to keep the stress on the motors as low as possible (i.e. to make them last longer) I disabled certain vibrations, for example constant engine vibrations and afterburner (and to be honest, those don't really do much for me in terms of being actually useful).

Where the Jetpad really shines is the vibrations for G-Forces, actually telling you when you're hitting higher G's without having to rely visually on the HUD information.

It is even more useful in letting you know when your aircraft is about to stall. During the most recent landing on the carrier, in my F-18C, I was about to stall i.e. bleed too much energy on the approach.

Now, without the Jetseat, I would usually get alarmed of the fact by hearing the warning tone (at that time the jet is usually already 'dropping' noticably). With Jetseat, I could actually FEEL the vibrations before the Betty starts bit**ing at me, which is really cool and which allows me to do the corrections on time, or at least, buy myself more time to get out of the stall and rebuild some of that lost energy without switcing to submarine mode.

Not to mention it's kinda cool when you're landing and you feel the vibrations on the tourchdowns (or taxing down the runway) or when you're getting cat-launched from the carrier OR when your hook catches the wire.

In all seriousness, I can't really pick "cons" for this product. It's affordable and it helps your flying in terms of giving you additional (physical) feedback. Of course, there are "better" alternatives but those are way more expensive (and I am not entirely sure they completely justify the price - unless you have a spare garage and room for a spinning centrifuge).

If app. 200 Euros (and possible additional shipping expenses) are not too much for you to spend, and if you're a die-hard DCS simmer, I would recommend giving the Jetseat a try.

Edited by Kenan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I'm totally with you. If the seat is off, I'm suddenly not any more in an airplane (I fly in vr only) but playing a lifeless game. If you once get used to that seat, you will never fly without again. 

Seems to be petty durable too, got already a couple hundred hours on the motors and I sit all day on it because it's on my office chair. 

One has to be careful with the cable and the plugs though, they are definitely the weak spot. 

• Like 3

Great bang for your money, being using one for two years already and I find I fly more finesse due to the feedback it provides. 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Fwiw: I totally agree with the OP

Bought a used JetPad several months ago from a community member here (with a slight feeling of guilt not directly supporting André) and it truly is an excellent product. All together I think it only took me an hour or two to get it all to work and never had any problems with it since.

Just that bit of extra when flying in VR. Especially the vibration in choppers is awesome. The instant haptic feedback you get when losing lift also makes it much more easy to adequately react to it.

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I have the JetPad (with SimShaker for Aviators and SimShaker for Wings software) and it is great!  Fantastic immersion and brilliant with VR.  Also great with force feedback joystick and haptic feedback headphones.  Highly recommend the JetPad and associated USB mode software.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

• 2 weeks later...

I like to do the Seine River time trial in the F-14 and the Jetpad adds so much to the experience because of all the hard turning you do to stay over the river. And the sensations move from one side to the other. I can't recommend it enough, especially if you have VR, get it now.

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 2

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2021 at 4:08 AM, Talisman_VR said:

I have the JetPad (with SimShaker for Aviators and SimShaker for Wings software) and it is great!  Fantastic immersion and brilliant with VR.  Also great with force feedback joystick and haptic feedback headphones.  Highly recommend the JetPad and associated USB mode software.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Apar

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for input, I've got few questions.

Does it work with our F-16 module? Does it work for all modules?

How long do you think the motors will last with everyday flying for about 2 hours?

Edited by Rain

On 4/12/2021 at 2:48 AM, FZG_Immel said:

do you notice any performance impact in DCS due to the export ?

I haven't noticed any performance impact. I bought Andre's version, and I freaking love it. The Tomcat in particular is amazing due to the amount of buffeting when pulling Gs. 

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Really looking forward to trying mine out with vr.
Already on it's way.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Those pads are also really useful for helicopter flying, the telemetry output of DCS let start them shake heavily before you enter vortex ring state. Could never fly without it again.

• Like 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

2 hours ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

I haven't noticed any performance impact. I bought Andre's version, and I freaking love it. The Tomcat in particular is amazing due to the amount of buffeting when pulling Gs. 

Heatblur put especial interest and provided useful data and feedback for Jetseat / Simshaker users and really pays off.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

5 hours ago, agrasyuk said:

Thank you for the review. 

I am thinking on how to add tacktile feedback and these pads were on my mind. 

Can this be combined with butkicker? Would the systems compliment each other , or would you say they are redundant ?

yes they can, you need to buy andre´s soundmodule so both systems are available when assigning effects.
For buttkicker, I would choose powerful effects such as engine, touchdown, dropping loadout...

• 1 month later...

Over the years Ive bought 2 of these items and within a short period both broke down. The vibrating units are crap and unreliable. Andres customer service is great, but his product is expensive and unreliable over time. Buyers beware.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

That has not been my experience. I have two of Andre's sim seat pads and both work fine. I haven't had to repair or replace anything yet. When Gametrix went out of business, I bought the 2nd seat to guarantee spare parts to keep the first seat running. But for the time being, both are 100% intact and I have been using them for years.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

sorry for pirating this thread, guys

just ordered the jetseat from andres shop.

as far as i could read, all i need is the jetseat control panel app. plug in the seat to ac, usb, and here we go.

but my question is: what about the simshaker for aviators software? i thought i need that too? do i need to switch something on in the dcs settings? thanks

50 minutes ago, NWGJulian said:

what about the simshaker for aviators software?

No, you're not forced to use it, if you simply use the sound mode. BUT, I repeat BUT: Using the sound mode is - although a cheapy solution - very annoying
with the time, because your actuators of your jetseat will react with every single tiny sound output, f.ex. mouse clicks, theme music etc.

So, if you really want some immersive experience I really recommend the Simshaker for Aviators software - you won't regret. It's fully customable, you can
create profiles for each and every plane you have and fine tune it. To me, it's a must!

Btw. I don't think you have to buy the software, because this one is free, whereas the software Simshaker Wings not. You will need a licence for this one and
it does not work for DCS. Simshaker for Aviators software is designed to work with DCS. I've got both, because I also use "the other simulator" from Russia...

Cheerio

P.S.: Text colouring is intended!

On 6/4/2021 at 6:58 PM, streakeagle said:

But for the time being, both are 100% intact and I have been using them for years.

Exactly, I also got the Gametrix jetseat since 2013 and it still works perfectly. I never had any issues and I even stapled this on my wooden DIY cockpit seat!
Works since day one.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb THERION:

No, you're not forced to use it, if you simply use the sound mode. BUT, I repeat BUT: Using the sound mode is - although a cheapy solution - very annoying
with the time, because your actuators of your jetseat will react with every single tiny sound output, f.ex. mouse clicks, theme music etc.

So, if you really want some immersive experience I really recommend the Simshaker for Aviators software - you won't regret. It's fully customable, you can
create profiles for each and every plane you have and fine tune it. To me, it's a must!

Btw. I don't think you have to buy the software, because this one is free, whereas the software Simshaker Wings not. You will need a licence for this one and
it does not work for DCS. Simshaker for Aviators software is designed to work with DCS. I've got both, because I also use "the other simulator" from Russia...

Cheerio

P.S.: Text colouring is intended!

thanks for the answer!

yes, i heard about the simshaker for aviators software, and i want to use it!

soooo, i need simshaker for aviators AND the jetseat control panel app? thats what i want to know.

or do i only need the SSA software? 

edit: you know thats what i found in the gametrix manual. is this still valid? 

1C82E2E4-91EA-499D-9D38-9C928868DAE6.jpeg

Edited by NWGJulian

45 minutes ago, NWGJulian said:

thanks for the answer!

yes, i heard about the simshaker for aviators software, and i want to use it!

soooo, i need simshaker for aviators AND the jetseat control panel app? thats what i want to know.

or do i only need the SSA software? 

edit: you know thats what i found in the gametrix manual. is this still valid? 

1C82E2E4-91EA-499D-9D38-9C928868DAE6.jpeg

Well in my case yes - instructions still valid. As I already mentioned, I've got the GameTrix Jetseat since 2013, but without any software, because at the time,
the "other simulator" from Russia didn't support any output for the Jetseat and that's why I used the sound mode, but it was annoying to me after some hours
of use, so I disconnected the whole thing and tossed it back into the box.

The Jetseat app is only useful if you intend to run it with the sound mode and if you'd like some relaxing massage time. But it is free anyway and does no harm.
But it is definitely not necessary to use/run it in the background to be able to run the "red or the blue" software. OK?

• Like 1

vor 35 Minuten schrieb THERION:

Well in my case yes - instructions still valid. As I already mentioned, I've got the GameTrix Jetseat since 2013, but without any software, because at the time,
the "other simulator" from Russia didn't support any output for the Jetseat and that's why I used the sound mode, but it was annoying to me after some hours
of use, so I disconnected the whole thing and tossed it back into the box.

The Jetseat app is only useful if you intend to run it with the sound mode and if you'd like some relaxing massage time. But it is free anyway and does no harm.
But it is definitely not necessary to use/run it in the background to be able to run the "red or the blue" software. OK?

alright, roger that!

so i think i know what to do when it arrives then