[REPORTED] "Caucasus - M02. Introduction to the INS" - Unable to progress past the overfly INS update

Althar93

I originally posted a question to the training subforum thinking it was user error on my end but this looks like a bug after all : 

I am currently trying to play through the second training mission of the Mirage, specifically 'Introduction to the INS'.

I am unable to progress past the point in the mission whereby I am required to overfly the railway bridge to update the INS. The instructions are that I should fly over the target & select 'REC' to initiate the INS update.

There are two issues with this :

1. The instructions omit the fact that 'REC' should be followed by 'VAL' to complete the INS update (I found this out through trial and error)
  2. Regardless of how close to the mark (or far) following the INS update, the training mission will not progress any further ; the script will not fire even after several attemps or any amount of time.

I have had this issue twice in a row now attempting this training mission ; I have been able to overfly the railway bridge multiple times and can confirm that the INS update does indeed work as I am able to purposefully decalibrate it by picking a random spot & hitting 'REC' and I am also able to get the INS to update so that the marker sits virtually on top of the railway bridge but the training script is seemingly broken and/or stuck (perhaps the margin of error for INS alignment in the script is too low).

Edited by Althar93
  • Like 1

Im conferring with our lead dev to see if the INS issue is due to recent changes with that or if this is a mission issue. Please provide a trk file.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [TRK FILE REQ.] "Caucasus - M02. Introduction to the INS" - Unable to progress past the overfly INS update

So it seems that the mission and manual were not updated to reflect the removal of the ENC button in the case of the -C not having it installed. Marking as REPORTED.

• Like 1

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [REPORTED] "Caucasus - M02. Introduction to the INS" - Unable to progress past the overfly INS update
  • 5 months later...
  • ED Team

As of July 30th 2021 this issue still occurs in the NTTR version. The instructions are correct now, but the mission still fails to progress past overfly update. The instructor does not acknowledge that the update took place.

Additionally, the coordinates of the waypoint are completely wrong and do not correspond to the landmark discussed (Hoover dam)

Edited by m4ti140
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 12:13 AM, m4ti140 said:

As of July 30th 2021 this issue still occurs in the NTTR version. The instructions are correct now, but the mission still fails to progress past overfly update. The instructor does not acknowledge that the update took place.

Additionally, the coordinates of the waypoint are completely wrong and do not correspond to the landmark discussed (Hoover dam)

Same here, wasn't able to complete it as it doesn't get passed the dam part.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria