Does the A-10C II come with a campaign ? & which ones other Campaigns work on the on the A-10CII

ak22

Till now there is no Campain in the module, but there is a free Mod with the Campain Georgian Hammer, wich whas includet in the A-10C Module.

There are some Missions in the Forum wich can be played in Multiplayer.

If i remeber right there is also an Mod wich creates a Campain that you can download for free. I belive there was also an Multiplayer Option.

Not too bad, it starts with a few simpler missions and they get harder as you go along. It has a great story line and it allows you to learn the systems mission by mission. If you have troubles advancing to the next mission there is always the option to "complete" the mission by landing at the airbase.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ak22 said:

Thanks i added that to my basket how hard is the campaign for someone new to the plane?

You'll need a fairly decent understanding of some of the plane's core systems.

Some of the more challenging tasks include creating new waypoints in the CDU from MGRS coordinates and as offset waypoints.

You also need to be able to tune all 3 radios to the briefed frequencies or you'll basically miss everything that happens, because the campaign simulates proper radio transmissions and is very heavy on proper frequency tuning. However, the player response is usually very straight forward, like "Press space bar to acknowledge", so you don't need to be good with military lingo.

Once you've gotten an overview of the core systems of the aircraft, you should be good to go. And as corvus5624 says, the campaign has a nice progression from fairly simple to increasingly difficult.

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1

I'd recommend staying away from any campaigns until suicidal wingmen are fixed.  Especially campaigns that have a lot of missions in the mountains.  Can ruin the enjoyment of campaigns.

Sturmovik campaign may be okay as most of it doesn't have wingmen and first half are more of training missions.

Edited by Taz1004

5 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

I'd recommend staying away from any campaigns until suicidal wingmen are fixed.  Especially campaigns that have a lot of missions in the mountains.  Can ruin the enjoyment of campaigns.

AI behavior can be quite annoying, and even more so for the campaign creators.

But I seriously wouldn't recommend to miss out on all the fun because of problems that aren't campaign related. Plus players and creators are usually quite helpful to find ways to cope with it in particularly demanding missions.

Just now, Yurgon said:

AI behavior can be quite annoying, and even more so for the campaign creators.

But I seriously wouldn't recommend to miss out on all the fun because of problems that aren't campaign related. Plus players and creators are usually quite helpful to find ways to cope with it in particularly demanding missions.

I'm not saying miss out on it.  I said to wait.  I wish someone would tell me what bugs would prevent me from completing a campaign before I play them.  You play same mission multiple times due to a bug or worse, have to edit the mission in ME to complete it, now I expect what's going to happen.  Completely ruins the intent of the mission creator.  And even the best voice acting gets annoying when you have to listen 4-5 times.

46 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

Sturmovik campaign may be okay as most of it doesn't have wingmen and first half are more of training missions.

I totally agree. All campaigns are really fun and the storylines are good. But regardless how good you are, there are quite some missions which only can be completed together with your wingman/flight. Unfortunately they not always respond and react as they should and it is often not possible to fulfil the mission by yourself. This is reported and noticed, so let’s hope that the AI will improve as soon as possible. 

But don’t let this stop you to do campaigns, there is a lot what can be done and much to learn. And agree totally with Yurgon to master at least some basic knowledge and skills, the A-10 had a learning curve but mastering piece by piece can be so satisfying. 

We fall We break We fail  but then... We rise We heal We overcome

Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 10 | i9-9900| 32G RAM | 1TSSD | RTX2080 Super | Hotas Warthog | MFD Cougars | BuddyFox UFC | RX Viper Rudder | Voice Attack | Viacom Pro | Annoyed Wife

Operation Piercing Fury, a previously paid campaign is now free. Get the 2.5.6 fixes from the user files. Sturmovik is also free. Both requires a bit messing around in the mission editor to change your player aircraft to A-10C II since the missions are for the old A-10C.

24 minutes ago, gachatar said:

Operation Piercing Fury, a previously paid campaign is now free. Get the 2.5.6 fixes from the user files. Sturmovik is also free. Both requires a bit messing around in the mission editor to change your player aircraft to A-10C II since the missions are for the old A-10C.

Piercing Fury has already been updated to use the A10C II.

it’s in the user library downloads.

Enemy Within 3.0 is really excellent and well worth the money. 

Edited by Canada_Moose

9 minutes ago, Canada_Moose said:

Piercing Fury has already been updated to use the A10C II.

it’s in the user library downloads.

Yea, but expect heavy editing in ME in order to complete it in current state of DCS.  Blowing away any surprises in the campaign in the process.  This is one campaign I highly recommend waiting until bug fixes before playing.

1 hour ago, Taz1004 said:

Yea, but expect heavy editing in ME in order to complete it in current state of DCS.  Blowing away any surprises in the campaign in the process.  This is one campaign I highly recommend waiting until bug fixes before playing.

Even with the fixed missions in the user files?

36 minutes ago, gachatar said:

Even with the fixed missions in the user files?

Yea.  Mission 5, Mission 6, Mission 10... all these issues posted are recent posts using the A10C-II from User files.  And it's not the Campaign's fault.  Most of it is DCS bug.  Any mission in the mountains, you can't save your wingmen so you'll never get 100% completion since this campaign gives 5 bonus points for brining each wingman alive.  Which you can change in the ME.  Which goes back to my point that in current state of DCS, you can't complete any campaign without editing in ME.

Edited by Taz1004

It should be worth noting that Baltic Dragon's "The Enemy Within 3.0" has been updated to natively include the A-10C II, so no editing required and it shows up under the A-10C II campaigns.

I'd also note that Baltic Dragon has stayed quite active updating his old campaigns to keep up with DCS updates, so reported bugs are usually fixed reasonably quickly.  TEW 3.0 was one of the few campaigns I could finish without getting stuck.

• Like 1

Yeah, The Enemy Within 3.0 is still payware and gets constant updates to be compatible with the latest Open Betas and the A10C II module.

Piercing Fury is now deprecated and hence why its free in the user files section. The update to use the A10C II module was also done as a freebie. I'm sure it will eventually get updated again by some kind soul.

You cant expect payware support for an abandoned module so you do what you can.

TEW 3.0 works great for me. There have been some issues in some of the open beta versions but they get fixed by BD fairly quickly

Edited by Canada_Moose