[DUPLICATE REPORT] Wheel chocks unable to place/remove

RazerVon

Once the engines are on, irrelevant of parking brake engagement, ground crew refuses to place/remove wheel chocks.
This makes no sense since other aircraft are able to have their wheel chocks removed without error.
It's not like people are trying to remove them with throttle movement either.
Would appeciate that if one forgot to remove the chocks before startup, that the chocks could be removed without having to cycle the engine off, like other aircraft.

day 2-20210213-132601.trk

• Like 1

This is known bug.

But I am not sure is it accepted as reported as it might very well be moved to "Resolved" section.

The standard procedure is to remove the chocks as one of the last actions that ground crews does. They literally are moving around the airframe when engines are running and performing checks and weapon arming and safety duties.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

24 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

This is known bug.

But I am not sure is it accepted as reported as it might very well be moved to "Resolved" section.

The standard procedure is to remove the chocks as one of the last actions that ground crews does. They literally are moving around the airframe when engines are running and performing checks and weapon arming and safety duties.

It is.

In that case I apologize to developers for slightly wasted time if they read this.

I am no expert, but it could be as designed as for ground crew is very dangerous to step close to the Pegasus engines intakes (without being sucked in). 
Also if you ever took any flying lesson you know that clearing the wheel chocks is something that you do at beginning, prior to even enter the aircraft

1 hour ago, HoMeBoY said:

I am no expert, but it could be as designed as for ground crew is very dangerous to step close to the Pegasus engines intakes (without being sucked in). 
Also if you ever took any flying lesson you know that clearing the wheel chocks is something that you do at beginning, prior to even enter the aircraft

It's just an Eagle Dynamics issue. On man real Harrier videos, you can clearly see, that the chocks where removed, just before depature (with running engine).

8 hours ago, HoMeBoY said:

Nope. The Pegasus engine is not so dangerous when running idle. Just don't push your arm in or step straight front of it.

The wheel chocks are to be removed as one of the last things (last one is to remove rocket pods safety pin, and first thing to be placed in when aircraft stops):

You can clearly see how the ground crew operates around the Harrier when it has engine running. I wouldn't climb to the cockpit to install the pilot NVG if you ask from me, as that means you put your whole body front of the whole air intake just meter from you, but the personnel still moves fairly close to the intake.

Still the fact remain, wheel chocks are there to protect ground grew from accidental aircraft movement as the aircraft starts rolling without brakes when engine runs idle.

7 hours ago, felixx75 said:

It's just an Eagle Dynamics issue. On man real Harrier videos, you can clearly see, that the chocks where removed, just before depature (with running engine).

It is not a Eagle Dynamics issue, as it has been reported that all other modules allows to install/remove wheel chocks when engine is running. So it is the Razbam own code and own job to fix. The Eagle Dynamics part is that aircraft will not move if chocks are in, meaning you can't even in Harrier put full vertical take-off as those chocks will hold you ground like magic magnets. ED has plenty to be fixing regarding the terrain physics, like we should have possibility to have aircrafts taxiing, take-off and land on the grassfields, even on normal dry crop field. It should change based the weather, so like example heavy rainy day will make impossible to land or taxii when the ground becomes just mud. As well landing on the soft terrain depends from the weight etc that what happens. Like there are nice videos about MiG-21's landing on unprepared fields, taxiing and taking off. Same thing is with Harrier, designed to operate from the unprepared forest bases etc just with normal soil as landing pad. But go to suggest anything like this to wishlist and you get people attacking you by telling how you should learn to do taxiing in airbases and how nothing can land or roll on grass as they are way too heavy and would sink in to bottom of the fuselage.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yes this has already been reported and is actively being looked at by ED. Marking as DUPLICATE REPORT and moving to RESOLVED

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [DUPLICATE REPORT] Wheel chocks unable to place/remove