A version and Fox1s

CDN-SMOKEJUMPER

Not this again...

There is already another similar topic below this one 

A and C versions are completely different aircraft, not just a few bells and whistles (closest comparison is a MLU).  

Edited by Falconeer
  • Like 1

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Edited by =Panther=
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

The differences between the F-14A and F-14B is closer to the differences between the F-16C Block 50 and F-16C Block 40. An F-16A would be an almost complete redesign of the aircraft. No MFDs, no ICP, no DED, different HUD, different joystick and HOTAS commands, different radar, different engine, different intake, lighter aircraft. 

As for "Fox1s"; only a small fraction of F-16s were ever given the ability to carry Sparrows. 

• Like 3

the difference between a block 15 and our viper is like the difference between ours and a block 70. there is essentially nothing in common except the shape

• Like 1

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

So, give us a new aircraft then. We have next to no modern OPFOR aircraft. If we go further back there are more scenerios we can have with multiplayer instead of an odd missmatch that we have now.

Your oh not this again is irrelevant to me wanting a plane set from the 60's, 70's and 80's which makes sense.

I would love to have whatever block I could have in a 1989 scenerio for example. The "shape" is enough of a head start.

I have most of the maps and the aircraft. I've spent enough that my opinon does matter. It's a customer telling a business, do this and I'll throw money at you.

Edited by CDN-SMOKEJUMPER
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CDN-SMOKEJUMPER said:

So, give us a new aircraft then. We have next to no modern OPFOR aircraft. If we go further back there are more scenerios we can have with multiplayer instead of an odd missmatch that we have now.

Your oh not this again is irrelevant to me wanting a plane set from the 60's, 70's and 80's which makes sense.

I would love to have whatever block I could have in a 1989 scenerio for example. The "shape" is enough of a head start.

I have most of the maps and the aircraft. I've spent enough that my opinon does matter. It's a customer telling a business, do this and I'll throw money at you.

There is not enough available documentation for the F-16A OCU to be able to create an high fidelity module accurately. That is the soul reason for why we won't be seeing one created by ED.

• 2 weeks later...

F-16A was lot more nimble than late "lead noses" F-16C. It had far smaller wing loading, especially pure dogfighters 1980s Block 1 to 10, it had barely 15,306lb empty mass according to declassified official flight manual. 

Late C is sophisticated but suffers in maneuveralbility. Both would offer very different gameplay, C with sophisticated avionics and long range weapon and A with pure handling and meneuverability and close range dogfighting. Both have their place in DCS.

When F-16A in Israeli service shoot down 30-40 Syrian MiGs over Bekaa Valley they did that exclusively in close range visual air combat with sidewinders and guns! That had to be exciting combat.

Lochkeed promotional video from 1976

Edited by Berserk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 1:26 PM, Bozo_ said:

is that an A model ?

On this video? Yes of course early F-16A, the lightest and most nimble one, with small tail. It's a General Dynamics promotional video from 1976. Imperial Iranian Air Force is among the users who selected the F-16, they were sent to Israel instead after the coup in 1979.

• Like 2