Build in kneeboard editor

sirrah

I'd love to see an option added to the ME, to allow us to easily add a mission specific kneeboard page.

For instance, a button on the left side of the screen and when you click that, a window opens where you can fill in mission specific info, such as:

• Short objective description (CAP, CAS, SEAD, STRIKE)
  • Flight package info (callsigns and frequencies)
  • Support flight info (callsign, freq., Tacan)
  • Waypoint info/TSD data (names, altitudes)
  • Remarks (room for some mission specific comments, like coordinates, target info, etc.)

And when filled in, have DCS automatically create a kneeboard folder in the mission file and create a kneeboard image file with the correct resolution/format.

The above is just an example. I'm sure ED can come up with a more realistic kneeboard mission data template.

(Right now, creating a kneeboard page should all be done manually, which is quite time consuming. Also, imo, right now it's a bit of a pita when you have to alter the kneeboard page. It would be so much easier if this could be done from inside the ME)

Edited by sirrah
Late discovered typo :p
  • Like 8

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...