TGP slave to SPI

-Condor-
Go to solution Solved by QuiGon,

Hello, just a simple question.

If I China Hat Aft long, my TGP does not slave to my current SPI, it slaves to my previous waypoint. According to the manual this is incorrect. I can China Hat Forward long to slave all to my SPI however I only want to slave my TGP. Is this a bug or am I a nut because I have tested and tested and the same thing happens

Any suggestions

• Solution

China Hat Aft long slaves the TGP to the current steerpoint. This is correct and is also what the manual says (page 93):

grafik.png

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

11 hours ago, dporter22 said:

Don't flame me, but I still hate that China Hat Aft Short doesn't recage the TGP like before, and worse, that you can't reassign it to do so if you want.

Same here. I really miss this HOTAS function, but if that is how it works IRL, then I appreciate that ED changed it for DCS none the less. At least there is a button for that on the TGP page itself now.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hey all,

Pretty easy to re-cage. 

The top right button on TGP MFCD does this (I believe you can also set the default FOV for the TGP with this button).  You can map this function to any HOTAS button that you want.  In my case, I have it mapped to two locations.  I have it mapped to my Cougar.  I also have it mapped to my DMS stick on the push button.  It is pretty convenient.

Caldera

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2021 at 2:50 PM, dporter22 said:

Don't flame me, but I still hate that China Hat Aft Short doesn't recage the TGP like before

Honestly, I never use boresight anymore in the A-10C II. The DMS Right Long function to put the TGP on the HMD cross has completely supplanted that function for me. Why fly the jet to point the TGP somewhere when I can just look at something and point the TGP there?

On 2/19/2021 at 10:36 AM, Caldera said:

Hey all,

Pretty easy to re-cage. 

The top right button on TGP MFCD does this (I believe you can also set the default FOV for the TGP with this button).  You can map this function to any HOTAS button that you want.  In my case, I have it mapped to two locations.  I have it mapped to my Cougar.  I also have it mapped to my DMS stick on the push button.  It is pretty convenient.

Caldera

Yep, I see it.  Another error in the manual then, becaue the manual has that OSB as TST.

5 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

Honestly, I never use boresight anymore in the A-10C II. The DMS Right Long function to put the TGP on the HMD cross has completely supplanted that function for me. Why fly the jet to point the TGP somewhere when I can just look at something and point the TGP there?

I always hated myself when I accidentally caged TGP with Aft short. Now I don't do that mistake anymore as it is easier to point it elsewhere wanted.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

There may be legitimate reasons for it IRL and I support ED in making things as real as possible, but from an ergonomics and human factors standpoint, when Aft Short is the function to recage or recenter in every other circumstance and for every other sensor, having it not do so for the TGP is less than ideal.  I understand that's how it is IRL, but IRL isn't perfect either. 

As an aviation mishap investigator in the Air Force I've investigated dozens of crashes where the aircraft controls and human interface were causal or major contributors.

1 hour ago, dporter22 said:

from an ergonomics and human factors standpoint, when Aft Short is the function to recage or recenter in every other circumstance and for every other sensor, having it not do so for the TGP is less than ideal.

Conversely: in both the F-16C and F/A-18C the Uncage button also toggles LSS.

dporter.

On 2/21/2021 at 8:21 PM, dporter22 said:

Yep, I see it.  Another error in the manual then, becaue the manual has that OSB as TST.

I have had the manual kick my backside a few times.  For this game, I have noticed that the manual gets updated later...

I saw this information in a video by Wags.  Another note in that video by the way, you can also remove/replace the control stick by clicking on the base and some HMD updates. 

Caldera