[FIXED] When changing A-A radar on left screen and press S1 Dogfight mode it reverts back to middle screen, and cant change dogfight modes.

DarkStar79

Not sure if this is a bug.  But when you set the A-A radar on left screen, and press S1 forward to enter dogfight mode the radar goes to middle screen again.  And first time you cant change dogfight radar submodes.  You have to cycle to nav and back to be able to change them. After you do that you can change the submodes like boresight and so on..

Just think the radar should stay on the left screen and enter the A-A dogfight mode.

And when you press S1 (dogfight returns to previus master mode/Mfd default)  The radar returns back to middle screen.  

It just feels like if you have the radar on left screen wich i want, that when you press S1 that it shouldnt revert back the radar to middle screen on first press. It should only exit the dogfight mode and leave the radar on left screen?

I can reproduce it all the time on first try.

Edited by uboats

Seems more like a feature to me because it has worked that way since DEKA released the JF-17.  But you´re absolutely right, I also think that it is really incovenient the way it currently works. I am also one of those guys who like having the radar screen on the left MFD. I always wondered why one would design modern fighter jet avionic systems to be intentionally inconvenient to operate. Especially since the the JF-17 is really quite intuitive and easy to understand looking at most other systems. And you do not see this behavior using the F-16 or the F/A-18, for example. You want to have a display showing a certain function - there you go. You are free to configure your displays and they stay that way unless YOU change what you want to see on the corresponding MFD. I think it would be nice to have a special menu option to configure the MFD behavior if the current avionics behavior is really intentional. This is actually the only thing I don´t like about the JF-17.

Can we please have a statement by a DEKA member if this behavior is by design?

1 hour ago, Tango3B said:

Seems more like a feature to me because it has worked that way since DEKA released the JF-17.  But you´re absolutely right, I also think that it is really incovenient the way it currently works. I am also one of those guys who like having the radar screen on the left MFD. I always wondered why one would design modern fighter jet avionic systems to be intentionally inconvenient to operate. Especially since the the JF-17 is really quite intuitive and easy to understand looking at most other systems. And you do not see this behavior using the F-16 or the F/A-18, for example. You want to have a display showing a certain function - there you go. You are free to configure your displays and they stay that way unless YOU change what you want to see on the corresponding MFD. I think it would be nice to have a special menu option to configure the MFD behavior if the current avionics behavior is really intentional. This is actually the only thing I don´t like about the JF-17.

Can we please have a statement by a DEKA member if this behavior is by design?

Yea exactly.  It just feels wierd when all the other thing works so good. There must be a way to set it up in the real plane, and then it stays like that.  The way it is now just cant be right..

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] When changing A-A radar on left screen and press S1 Dogfight mode it reverts back to middle screen, and cant change dogfight modes.

@ uboats:

Man, you guys really fixed this? Jeeez, I cant say how grateful I am you guys did this. Just saw it was moved to the "fixed bugs section". Big thank you to you guys working so hard for us at DEKA. Uboats can you please elaborate a little on how the avionics behavior changed with that recent fix?