Looking for a good first campaign

dburne

Hey gang,

I purchased Rising Squall as I thought that might be a good first campaign for me. I was really enjoying it but apparently there is a problem with it, I can not get past Mission 5 and not getting really any help on it. No matter what I do my Maverick's will not lock onto the targets being lased. I have spent too many hours already with it trying to get it to work and now I am just too frustrated to deal with it any more.

Can anyone recommend a good campaign for someone new to the Hornet in campaigns? I do not want to be lead and having to make decisions at least at this stage.

Thanks for any recommendations I would really appreciate it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I really enjoyed this one

Cage The Bear

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308483/

And this one

Eastern Friendship

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301137/

Currently playing this one (Requires Persian Gulf Terrain)

Oil In the Water

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305852/

• Like 2

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

DCS: FC3, FA-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, P-51D Mustang, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C II Tank Killer, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, WWII Assets Pack.

Definitely some options there, thanks much guys!

Yes I have PG map along with SuperCarrier also.

Rising Squall was a total waste of time and money.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 2/15/2021 at 8:36 AM, dburne said:

Hey gang,

I purchased Rising Squall as I thought that might be a good first campaign for me. I was really enjoying it but apparently there is a problem with it, I can not get past Mission 5 and not getting really any help on it. No matter what I do my Maverick's will not lock onto the targets being lased. I have spent too many hours already with it trying to get it to work and now I am just too frustrated to deal with it any more.

Can anyone recommend a good campaign for someone new to the Hornet in campaigns? I do not want to be lead and having to make decisions at least at this stage.

Thanks for any recommendations I would really appreciate it.

In my opinion, Rave One is by far the best campaign out there for the Hornet (probably across all modules even).

I haven't tried any of the new ones, but have heard very mixed reviews about most of them - so will be holding off on those.

Raven One has a few missions that are "slow" - by that I mean they are more of a training mission.  That being said, they are still enjoyable, and the whole campaign actually "forces" you to learn/know the aircraft (systems and tactics).  Really, really enjoyable.  I've played through the campaign twice - and will certainly complete it a third time in the future.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

10 hours ago, Ziptie said:

In my opinion, Rave One is by far the best campaign out there for the Hornet (probably across all modules even).

I haven't tried any of the new ones, but have heard very mixed reviews about most of them - so will be holding off on those.

Raven One has a few missions that are "slow" - by that I mean they are more of a training mission.  That being said, they are still enjoyable, and the whole campaign actually "forces" you to learn/know the aircraft (systems and tactics).  Really, really enjoyable.  I've played through the campaign twice - and will certainly complete it a third time in the future.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Thanks much! I had already gotten Raven One so that might be a good next campaign for me.

I managed to work out the issue with the Rising Squall campaign so I have resumed it for now.

But I will be looking forward to more campaigns for sure! So nice to finally be able to fly combat in the Hornet!

Edited by dburne

Don B

2 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Also worth looking into DCS Liberation if you haven't seen it.  It's a free standalone campaign generator for DCS; I believe 2.4.2 is the latest version on Github.  A great team of folks have put it together and it's completely changed DCS for me. 

Great I will check it out much thanks.

Don B