Need Help - Several bugs on Mission 11

Lord Vader

• ED Team

First of all, thank you for this fine Campaign. Enjoying it a lot. Here are some issues I found:

On the first part of the mission, I am supposed to take off last and reach Raven 3-1 to fly in what I assume is finger four, just like mission 10.

However, Raven 3-1 keeps making hard banks left and right, about Angels 5, when the kneeboard clearly states Angels 15 anchored at waypoint 1 (before the SEAD team pushes).

I decided to ignore this behaviour, even after he committed to waypoint 3 but kept his altitude at angels 5. Climbed to the assigned altitude and dump Raven 3-1 as he seemed to be all over the place (later on he's told to RTB so I guess CAG also dumped him too).

I engaged the two bogies with success with my wingman, returned to waypoint 3 as assigned.

We then receive a new target package to strike, overriding initial orders.

At first we are told they are 25nm off target so coordinates are sketchy. I understand that.

But, as soon as I input said coords, they are nowhere near the multiple targets I see on the TPOD. Furthermore, the next target coords, now more precise with four pairs of LAT/LONG digits, are also nowhere near...

Before you say I input the coords wrongly, I did create the waypoints on the HSI Data page using the PRECISE mode, and confirmed them multiple times. I eventually moved the TPOD to the correct coords, not the ones given. The problem is, that particular site has about 8 targets, 3 antennas, one armoured and four launchers... which ones am I supposed to hit? The point of having assigned packages is to avoid the need to choose which ones to hit...

I could never finish this mission, not because of lack of proficiency, but because I don't know which targets are we supposed to hit based on what should be precision intel, especially since we only have 2x2 JSOWs to send.

I also would like to say that in the previous mission 10 I loved your idea of placing a drone overhead the target area to simulate AAAs shooting blind. Really brilliant ideia, Baltic Dragon, gives us so much immersion.

Edited by 701

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord

Hey @701 and thanks for your feedback. 

As for Saint, well - official answer is that he was a very bad pilot and you could expect such behavior of him 😉 but this is just the AI, for some reason it won't cooperate, the waypoints are set OK.

As for the coordinates, I haven't touched a thing and nobody reported anything wrong - many people finished the campaign already. So unless coordinates system in the Hornet was changed, I suspect some user error. Perhaps reference what you are doing with RedKite's video of M11? The targets are given to you by the Harriers so you don't have to worry about what to shoot at - just input the coordinates and attack. Anyone else had the same problem here guys?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• ED Team

Hi @baltic_dragon

I honestly think I did all things correctly. I input the coords into new waypoints created using Precise mode on the Hornet.

I can try to drop the JSOWs using PP mode, inputting coords directly into the weapon, but if there's a problem in the coord interpretation this won't make a difference.

I'll try it anyway.

Edited by 701

dcsvader.png

• ED Team

Hi again

So here's the latest on my attempts in this mission.

I redone the exact same procedures regarding the Lat/Long coords given by the Harrier flight.

I took the first and third passes for the targets, giving my wingman the second and fourth (aborted).

I input the first coords as a waypoint (8) exactly as given:

N26265400
E57033200

33ft

This was what the TPOD was pointing at. This is a river, my targets are on the left side, right side are Silkworms to be attacked by the Harriers.

Screen_210216_222927.png

And this was what the JSOW received in TOO mode... definitely something is wrong as the bomb is given wrong LAT/LONG.

Screen_210216_222940.png
So, I decided to not slew the TPOD, but to insert the LAT/LONG direct via PP Mode, using TGT/UFC input.
The bomb missed by a few feet.
Wingman took number two target, bullseye.

My turn, input the third set of LAT/LONG data into my second JSOW, bullseye.

So, there's something off using the TPOD and TOO mode for this mission. The same happened to me during mission 10 where my second JDAM also missed the target using TPOD in TOO mode too. Perhaps a bug in the Hornet?

Edited by 701

dcsvader.png

• ED Team
9 hours ago, 701 said:

So, I decided to not slew the TPOD, but to insert the LAT/LONG direct via PP Mode, using TGT/UFC input.

The bomb missed by a few feet.
Wingman took number two target, bullseye.

My turn, input the third set of LAT/LONG data into my second JSOW, bullseye.

@baltic_dragon As I say above, that was what I chose to do, PP mode with coords input on the weapon. The first misses the mark, but not by much.

dcsvader.png

Try push button 14 on the a/c data page. Changes the format of the decimal seconds. Can't remember the exact specifics, sorry. There only two options, change it from the default setting. This is conjunction with the precise setting, which is push button 19 on the same screen, should get you right.

• 2 months later...
  • ED Team
On 2/17/2021 at 9:24 PM, Arbil said:

Try push button 14 on the a/c data page. Changes the format of the decimal seconds. Can't remember the exact specifics, sorry. There only two options, change it from the default setting. This is conjunction with the precise setting, which is push button 19 on the same screen, should get you right.

Hey @Arbil, sorry I didn't see you post in February.

I came back to this thread because I recently restarted the Raven One campain for another go.
Yes, you were right. All weapons use the LAT/LONG/SEC format and not the default LAT/LONG/DEC. That's why my targets were all offset.
I did set it up to run the correct format and all weapons hit precisely as intended.
Thanks for your input but I have to say I had someone helping me on this earlier. But, you did remind me of this particular setting. Thanks a bunch.

dcsvader.png