F14, Flight delayed bug

The_Tau

When you got flight delayed msg, then your F14 becomes around 9k lbs heavier than it should be. Only way to fix this in multiplayer is to leave server and to come back, but if someone else is still on server than that bug is very likely to appear again. Very annoying and sometimes with combat load you are literally unable to take off as you too heavy

• ED Team

Hi, 

if you have a short track replay please attach it and we will take a look. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

47 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

if you have a short track replay please attach it and we will take a look. 

thanks

Sure, here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tWZK82PI9y4QnoIwdT2PHRNROcaZqIjq/view?usp=sharing

Now, here we planned simple Case I practice, so i was pretty light for F14. Sure i was full fuel but only had 2 Fox1, 2Fox2 and empty fuel tanks. 

At first I was delayed and I was already going to leave the server to rejoin but then I tried again just to test if bug still persisted. And yes it does, even when I tried with AB to save situation it was too late. 

• ED Team

Sadly I can not use the track due to the mods. 

mods.PNG

I will watch out for the issue in my travels, or if you have a track replay without mods I will take another look. 

Thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

New track,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FIhcFYloxaCeodcFL1UFAvY7mR28JMZ_/view?usp=sharing

This is from Single player campaign which we played in coop. As you can see you need almost full dry power to simply start taxing even though we only have 2 fox1s and 2 fox2s and tanks. 

Edited by The_Tau

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm I ran into this bug as well yesterday. I'll see if I can upload my .trk file. This actually is one of the Reforger 'Iron Heel' campaign missions from HB, running off my dedicated server with me and my human RIO as the only clients using the SC. I got the same 'Flight is delayed' message, spawned in soon afterwards and immediately noticed the plane felt like it was stuck in mud, needing way more throttle than normal to taxi. Cat launch and trapping all exhibited the same effects of having this ghost weight onboard. 

**EDIT**: Track file download link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nrG3hSZvyx19XATlYGXUd1-ZX0wNQykJ/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Kondor77
  • Like 2

• ED Team

Thank you for the track, sadly it did not play back correctly for me and did not show the issue. I am going to ask our team to try and reproduce this also. 

20 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thank you for the track, sadly it did not play back correctly for me and did not show the issue. I am going to ask our team to try and reproduce this also. 

Thanks, there are other tracks as well posted here: 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

The bug is back unfortunately 😞 

https://easyupload.io/pfhr1d

Compare CV takeoff between flight delayed me (The_Tau), Mr. T vs Exup who was not delayed.

Exactly same loadouts (4 PH, 2SP. 2SW, bags)

me and T were  much slower on Cat launch than Exup

We couldnt keep up in formation with him even though we went full dry power and he was not

null

Edited by The_Tau

• 2 months later...

It's a show-stopping issue for multiplayer. Last night I had two empty spawn points on Elev1, one empty spawn next to a client Hornet on Elev3, one empty spawn next to an AI Hawkeye on Elev4, and yet it refused to spawn me in the F-14. In Singleplayer I would have spawned next to the Hornet. If I had joined the game before the client in the Hornet, I would have spawned on Elev3, the Hornet would have spawned next to me. There's something seriously wrong with how the spawnpoints are handled in MP, which requires a minimum of 6 open spawn points for a client F-14 to spawn.

I repoduced it in another thread, and Grimes sent the report up the chain, so we can only hope it gets fixed soon. Until then MP is only possible with a completely empty (and unrealistic) deck.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Still happening. Client track attached: https://we.tl/t-r3p0tryZgj

I have five VF-154 Tomcat slots on the Supercarrier, with seven open spawn points on the deck. Jet 112 always gets delayed to start. In some sessions I'm only able to spawn into jet 100 and 111, with the remaining three Tomcat slots INOP because of this bug.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

More testing:

If I have a group of 3 client Tomcats and 6 or fewer open spawn points, only 2 of the client Tomcat slots are usable. 

It seems that in order to avoid this, you need greater than twice as many available spawn points as there are Tomcat slots.

CORRECTION: Even with only two Tomcats and 7 open spawn points, only one Tomcat slot is usable. The other one, and it's totally random whether it's the #1 or #2 slot, gets delayed to start. THIS IS GAMEBREAKING FOR MULTIPLAYER.

Round 2: 9!!!! open spawns and yet I'm only able to slot into a single Tomcat! This is getting rediculous. 

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1