Mission checkpoints?

Katmandu

Having played through the recent Rising Squall campaign, one long missed feature that surprised me is the automatic checkpoints that respown the player if he screws up at some point later in the mission. Will this feature be adopted in the future Baltic Dragon campaigns? Could it be added retroactively to the current campaigns? Enemy Within 3.0 with its massive missions would be my first candidate (I've stalled my playthrough on mission 3 where I died 2 hours into the mission) 🙂 

• 10 months later...

@cow_art I have included it in some of the missions that are longer in Raven One and Iron Flag. The problem is that it requires to keep 2 or more versions of the same missions and update all of them whenever any bug is found in the given sortie, which can become rather tedious. But I'm trying to have it included more and more often, though it probably won't become an universal system for all the missions.

Another option is to save a track of a mission you had to break and then play the track on fast forward until the place you are comfortable with taking over the role of the pilot (which can be done at any time)... 

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png