Nvidia Control Panel has no impact on VR!?!

DutchCoolHand

I "watched" this video, meaning the first few minutes and then went to the conclusions. I have the link going to the conclusions. DCS: Nvidia Control Panel — effective or bogus? I followed his recommendations and see an improvement. I would say my stutter is less.

It clearly did not hurt FPS, I have to do some more testing in other missions to compare.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

7 hours ago, DutchCoolHand said:

I "watched" this video, meaning the first few minutes and then went to the conclusions. I have the link going to the conclusions. DCS: Nvidia Control Panel — effective or bogus? I followed his recommendations and see an improvement. I would say my stutter is less.

It clearly did not hurt FPS, I have to do some more testing in other missions to compare.

It's great to see a handful of VR players are now actually benchmarking properly - sadly this is still far from the norm.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

4 minutes ago, VitS said:

1) Sets throttling to Auto

2) Wonders why fps are locked at 60fps

Throttling to Auto?

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

SteamVR/Video Settings/Application Specific settings. If you set Throttling behavior to Auto and your PC can't get reliable 90 (or 120 in this case) FPS gets halved. And since motion smoothing is disabled you get 60 fps without motion smoothing too

image.png

Long story short if you want to benchmark dcs in VR set Throttling behaviour to Fixed max fps disabling mothing smoothing at the same time

Edited by VitS

I don’t use Steam so did not not know what Auto throttling was. As I said,I reset all my settings to default in the control panel as he recommends and works better. Last night I flew in MSFS2020 and it looked better and smoother. No benchmark but just flying it. 

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

5 hours ago, VitS said:

I use the most recently updated version of SteamVR but I do not see the "throttling behavior" option for the DCS "SteamVR/Video Settings/Application Specific settings". I also use the HP Reverb Pro. 🤨

image.png

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

• 2 weeks later...

I set Throttling fxed to 120 fps and Refresh rate of my Index to 120hz. If i set lower Throttling fixed to 60 fps and Refresh Rate to 90hz DCS gets with some stutters.

To me works smotther with this config.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.