Trim in VR

nvw995

The trim in the f5 when i fly in vr with the quest 2 moves in game and the indicator reacts to it but the flight model doesnt change. So the trim doesnt work but is mapped correctly. the control surfaces dont move and i dont think the stick moves but the trim hat and indicator do react to the trimming. Both the aileron and elevator trim dont work, i dont know about the rudder trim because i dont use it in this plane.

I've been flying the F-5E a lot recently and have no issues with the trim in VR (I use Index). I have it mapped to the large HAT on my T50 Mongoos stick, which is about the same as it would be on the Hog stick, and it works just fine.

There's no reason it would be due to VR in any case if there were an issue.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

On 2/17/2021 at 3:59 PM, nvw995 said:

The trim in the f5 when i fly in vr with the quest 2 moves in game and the indicator reacts to it but the flight model doesnt change. So the trim doesnt work but is mapped correctly. the control surfaces dont move and i dont think the stick moves but the trim hat and indicator do react to the trimming. Both the aileron and elevator trim dont work, i dont know about the rudder trim because i dont use it in this plane.

I had the same issue, I fixed it by disabling the force feedback in the options

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VPS_Zen said:

I had the same issue, I fixed it by disabling the force feedback in the options

That makes sense, since in force feedback mode the trimmer should move the stick center position.  If you have a non-force feedback stick you aren't moving the center position, so this would have no effect.

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."