I just got bored of playing DCS

JRM

After completing thousands of hours flying the F14,F18,F16 and 50 hours with the Mirage and beating all challenges I just realized that I have reached the end point in this remarkable simulator that I tinked will never reach.

Now Dcs has achieved great things simulating G forces and many variables that make the fly experience 99% realistic so what about if ED developers team starts to work on a space engine? I know that it must be really complicated to develop realistic space engineering and also get the blueprints of the orbiters, probes, satellites that NASA and other spacial agencies have launched along the last 52 years but this will be surely attracting the attention on many people, media and even unwanted attention from gov agencies.

Just to make things clear, im just a noob and I don't know if is even possible to licence a orbiter, rocket or even the spare parts  im just a awake dreamer with infinite curiosity.

Cheers mates!!!

• Like 1

I understand

Try the Harrier or Viggen

Yes they are old school but it’s tough to fly well

I personally got tired of MSFS and X-Plane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

7 minutes ago, 3WA said:

That, and this has nothing to do with ED or DCS, but we need some affordable controls!  Most people can't pay $700 US for a cyclic alone.

Flight sims are a niche thing that's not very popular compared to any other category, and while a gamepad is good for any game, sticks and such are one trick ponies. Just the nature of the game. ''Most people'' aren't playing flight sims, which means the ones that are have to carry the full cost.

Besides, there ARE cheap options, from single ''all in one sticks'' to low level entry HOTAS for <$100 to mid range stuff in the $200-300 range. Anything that's $700 is either absolutely not aimed at ''most people'' in the first place, or so incredibly niche as to be practically a unicorn. You're complaining about cyclics, an extremely unique device specific for helicopters. A few years ago, they didn't exist at all, and the people making them are literally handcrafting the damn things.

It's like seeing a one off Ferrarri passing you and complaining how ''most people can't afford it!!!1!'' Yeah... no kidding.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Yeah, but I'm also talking about the "cyclic" part of the HOTAS from Virpil, and VKB and such, which are much more mainstream for the jets.  With an extender, they can reach $700 as well just for the cyclic part.  And below that level, the sticks like the "Rhino" are pretty much crap.  Even Thrustmaster isn't very good.  There have been complaints about them for years.  I would call VKB and Virpil, mid level priced sticks.  I've seen other companies get into $700 just for the bases alone.

This is why I want FPS and Vehicle simulation to come into DCS, so that it will become much more mainstream, and new people will start buying HOTAS as well.  If we could just get VKB and Virpil to halve their prices, they would become affordable to the mainstream.

Edited by 3WA

Challenges?

Well, 2 years ago i started to mess/learn the Mission Editor. Today i create my own missions, with random AI traffic (civ and military), with populated airbases, full carrier deck, voice overs (5MC as example). I create my templates foi training and combat missions so i can have missions with other aircraft flying around (although AI and limited they can give imersion), so, why don´t you start to learn to make your own missions? or, you can download a bunch of user made missions/campaigns. You can join a squadron (i´ve been 2 years in a squadron and learned a lot and met new friends).

It´s my best advice.

I don´t know how to get bored learning and training with full fidelity modules and new maps. There´s a lot you can do with ME and mods to enrich DCS. But´s that´s me.

Regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Sure, mission editing can be interesting and open up the horizon some more.  But it is a very valid point , that sooner or later you re noticing the very limiting effect

of DCS' abyssmal AI and its performance.
It really gets annoying. You can offset it some with cleverly designed /scripted missions, yes. But nonetheless AI and its

FM severely limits DCS once you start interacting with it, whether its in a fight or your -supposed to be helpful wingmen- and it really becomes annyoingly repetitve to see them make the same dumb moves or overpowered maneuvres again and again.

For a sim thats supposedly is heavily focused on its single player userbase this is a sorry state and has been for years.

Well , lets hope things get better once the dynamic campaign gets out, because I really cant see that working without a significant upgrade to the AI behaviour in general.

Regards,

Snappy

20 hours ago, JRM said:

After completing thousands of hours flying the F14,F18,F16 and 50 hours with the Mirage and beating all challenges I just realized that I have reached the end point in this remarkable simulator that I tinked will never reach.

Now Dcs has achieved great things simulating G forces and many variables that make the fly experience 99% realistic so what about if ED developers team starts to work on a space engine? I know that it must be really complicated to develop realistic space engineering and also get the blueprints of the orbiters, probes, satellites that NASA and other spacial agencies have launched along the last 52 years but this will be surely attracting the attention on many people, media and even unwanted attention from gov agencies.

Just to make things clear, im just a noob and I don't know if is even possible to licence a orbiter, rocket or even the spare parts  im just a awake dreamer with infinite curiosity.

Cheers mates!!!

I'm feeling with you, seriously. The imagination of being bored by DCS scares me.

Are you member of a virtual squadron, playing multiplayer pvp mainly? If not, try it. I know that fighting the AI gets very boring at some point, but on pvp multiplayer it's a whole different world. Also, as already mentioned, you could try helicopters. I like flying planes a lot, but flying the Huey precisely or sneaking up on tanks in the Gazelle below the tree line is very, very rewarding and satisfying.

But if you are really done with DCS and want to divert into space sims, have a look at this:

http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

There's nothing better available that I would know of. I only have spare time for one sim, and that's DCS. If I had more time, Orbiter would definitely be a favourite.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snappy said:

Sure, mission editing can be interesting and open up the horizon some more.  But it is a very valid point , that sooner or later you re noticing the very limiting effect

of DCS' abyssmal AI and its performance.
It really gets annoying. You can offset it some with cleverly designed /scripted missions, yes. But nonetheless AI and its

FM severely limits DCS once you start interacting with it, whether its in a fight or your -supposed to be helpful wingmen- and it really becomes annyoingly repetitve to see them make the same dumb moves or overpowered maneuvres again and again.

For a sim thats supposedly is heavily focused on its single player userbase this is a sorry state and has been for years.

Well , lets hope things get better once the dynamic campaign gets out, because I really cant see that working without a significant upgrade to the AI behaviour in general.

Regards,

Snappy

I overcome the DCS limitations with scripts, workarounds, and some limitations don´t have a workaround and yes they are annoying, nevertheless i never get tired of building/flying my missions and placing the statics in place.

Well, i´m not so excited with the dynamic campaign because i use a lot of mods and i love my missions populated with objects (wheel chocks, ladders, oxygen bottles, hangars, ammunition trucks, and so on) and i don´t know if it will support mods or not. But lets see (of course its very welcome the dynamic campaign for me).

EDIT: i was pilot for 2 years in a virtual squadron, learned a lot, made new friends. It´s a way to get away from the DCS limitations regarding AI. Have you tried?

Regards.

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• ED Team

People get bored, expectations change, new games come and go, new modules and add ons for DCS come and go. Go outside, go play Fortnite, paint a picture, learn an instrument. DCS is still developing and will continue to develop. When you want to come back, then do so. I am not sure we need a conversation everytime someone gets bored or loses interest though. Have fun guys, no matter what you are doing. Thanks for your continued support, now or in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png