Mission 8

dburne

Not sure I am going to be able to do Mission 8.

I fly in VR, and the night vision in the cockpit everything is very much blurred.

Also I can not seem to be able to keep up with my flight, I keep losing them then getting a stray away from my mission message.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hmm ok so I worked out flying through the valleys by utilizing my HSI.

Started destroying targets and getting a message target destroyed with 100% damage, then ordered to take out another but mission ends there with a failure.

Will keep trying...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok I got it.

Awesome Mission !!

👍

Don B

7小时前,dburne说:

Not sure I am going to be able to do Mission 8.

I fly in VR, and the night vision in the cockpit everything is very much blurred.

Also I can not seem to be able to keep up with my flight, I keep losing them then getting a stray away from my mission message.

Any tips would be appreciated!

You can adjust the night vision gain to adjust the clarity.   RCtrl/RAtl+RShift+H by default hotkey 😄

9 hours ago, JG54_NF2 said:

You can adjust the night vision gain to adjust the clarity.   RCtrl/RAtl+RShift+H by default hotkey 😄

Thanks that will be good to know when I run across another night mission.

Don B

• 3 weeks later...

I’m struggling with mission 8. I cleared the targets at WP 10 and 11. I also cleared all other targets assigned with the laser. Unfortunately the mission finishes after I hit the last target - without success. Do I need to finish the mission in a certain time range? 

5 hours ago, Manus said:

I’m struggling with mission 8. I cleared the targets at WP 10 and 11. I also cleared all other targets assigned with the laser. Unfortunately the mission finishes after I hit the last target - without success. Do I need to finish the mission in a certain time range? 

Is this your only try? There is no hard time limit, but Reef's force are actually fighting the enemy ground forces. There is a chance that he gets killed. Our advice is to always be fast on dropping the LGBs, if you do it too slowly, the chance he gets killed increases. Let us know how it turns out. If you feel like it, you can send in a trk or Tacview file to us.

• Like 1

No...it’s my 10th try already. And I must admit, I’m really frustrated. I really like the voice-overs and the music. But if you hear it for the 10th time it starts to be annoying 😉

I’m taking a break now...

A checkpoint after WP9 would be nice 

Edited by Manus
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Manus said:

No...it’s my 10th try already. And I must admit, I’m really frustrated. I really like the voice-overs and the music. But if you hear it for the 10th time it starts to be annoying 😉

I’m taking a break now...

A checkpoint after WP9 would be nice 

Hi Manus,

We are very sorry to hear about this, if possible, please attach a trk or Tacview file so we can look further into the issue that you are running into. 

We have taken notes on your feedback and will make sure to give it more room in the DCS 2.7 patch. 

I believe the experience will be much better with the new clouds/weather that we plan to implement. Please come back when DCS 2.7 launches and give it another try.

You have my apology :(

No need to be sorry! It’s usually the user’s fault. I cleared the mission today 😬
The only improvement you could implement, that’s a checkpoint after WP9. 

Thanks for this great campaign! Im loving it! 

10 hours ago, Manus said:

No need to be sorry! It’s usually the user’s fault. I cleared the mission today 😬
The only improvement you could implement, that’s a checkpoint after WP9. 

Thanks for this great campaign! Im loving it! 

Glad to hear! Thank you for playing and enjoying the campaign. 

As for CP for M08, We will consider it in the future. Our sincere hope is for ED to implement an in-game saving/loading feature :D. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I accomplished the mission twice in a row and pressed "ESC" after landing on the airport strip and moved the F/A 18-C to a parking beside the strip. Unfortunately in the debriefing room I can read my results (100) but  I am not able to press  "end mission". Actually I can but nothing happens. All other labels are clickable and working but "end mission". I mean.... can't continue with the campaign.

And that's the second time. First, I updated the DCS open beta to 2.7 version and I had to restart the entire campaign  because the simulator was crashing everytime I load the current mission (n.9).

Now I finally got to the point I dropped few week ago and I can't go on with the mission 9 again.

Is it only me?

5小时前,stenji说:

I accomplished the mission twice in a row and pressed "ESC" after landing on the airport strip and moved the F/A 18-C to a parking beside the strip. Unfortunately in the debriefing room I can read my results (100) but I am not able to press "end mission". Actually I can but nothing happens. All other labels are clickable and working but "end mission". I mean.... can't continue with the campaign.

And that's the second time. First, I updated the DCS open beta to 2.7 version and I had to restart the entire campaign because the simulator was crashing everytime I load the current mission (n.9).

Now I finally got to the point I dropped few week ago and I can't go on with the mission 9 again.

Is it only me?

We have been informed of this problem, and many campaign authors have also reported this problem to ED. This should be caused by the change of the game itself. We also need to wait for ed to be repaired.

In order to solve this problem temporarily, in version 2.7, we added a "skip missions" option to the task. You can choose to skip the problem task through the radio menu of F10.