Missing texture bug on some planes

Tabasc0

Hello people!

On some planes (mainly MiG-21) i have a bug for some liveries. An image "missing texture" replaces some images on external views.

I think this occurs (also) with official liveries. 

What can i do to correct this bug?

Here is an external view: 

image.png

Edited by Tabasc0

• 2 weeks later...

This occurs with old liveries that have not been updated to match the new external model. The only fix is to get the creator of the livery to update it to the new template - the textures are mapped differently, which is why this happens.

A few of the old official liveries are broken at the moment, but as far as I know at least some will be replaced by updated versions in the near future.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

When I start up in the "Cold Start" Instant Action mission, that skin is working w/o issue for me

Screen_210406_130438.jpg

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Also if I use that skin in a fresh mission with the same or different bort number, the bort number will not show up at all.

Latest OB 2.5.6.61527, no mods

(I also checked the quick start mission in ME and it shouldn't even spawn in that skin but the bare metal one)

Screen_210406_131441.jpg

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

The one with every possible bort number permutation is the default skin trying to replace a skin you no longer have, hence the bort numbers being a mess. When the external model update was done, it reset all MiG-21s in all missions to either use the current default (which is the Serbian Air Force livery), or reference a file that no longer exists, which results in it using the default but also displaying 3 or 4 different styles of bort number.

You will need to manually reset liveries in the mission editor, or just select them during rearm.

Edited by rossmum