Add a system to only allow server-admins to ban a player if evidence has been shown that that player has ruined gameplay for anyone

D4n

Currently, server-admins of very popular servers have way too much power and can ban anyone they don't like, as they don't need to worry about enough players joining their server everyday...

Idea for a great system:

a server-admin issues a ban, the ban-data is then sent to ED server and added to a database (server-name/IP and player-ID).

The DCS server-admin (or players) then have 6 hours to submit proof/evidence material to ED (material that must proof that at least one player was negatively affected).

If nothing is submitted, the ban is automatically reverted.

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Servers are rented/bought  by various groups and individuals and NOT by ED, therefore   ED has no business nor any rights to  unban anyone on a private server.   It is the right of any private server to ban anyone for any reason they see fit. 

If you find yourself getting banned from multiple servers, then you need to reflect on your own actions that led to the ban.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Dagger71 said:

Servers are rented/bought  by various groups and individuals and NOT by ED, therefore   ED has no business nor any rights to  unban anyone on a private server.

It is the right of any private server to ban anyone for any reason they see fit.

Disagree, as most servers are crowdfunded by its players and as serious & loyal players paid a whopping amount of money for their own modules aswell.

Every player should be treated equally, squadron-players of specific squadrons should not be prioritized over squadron players of newer or smaller squadrons (it sadly seems to be a growing trend in the DCS multiplayer community...).

3 minutes ago, Dagger71 said:

If you find yourself getting banned from multiple servers, then you need to reflect on your own actions that led to the ban.

Could not agree more, for those players who got banned from multiple servers (not me).

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

What Dagger71 said is correct nonetheless. These are servers paid for by either groups, squadrons or whatever else and ED has zero business in how they are run. Any suggestions of this nature should be directed towards the server admins or better yet, towards the people that fund the servers.

No matter how they're funded, these are private servers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, DanielNL said:

Currently, server-admins of very popular servers have way too much power and can ban anyone they don't like

Ownership has its perks

as they don't need to worry about enough players joining their server everyday...

Back when I ran a site and servers for my clan, I too cared not for population. Pissing me off or being an idiot was a surefire way to getting banned.

Idea for a great system:

a server-admin issues a ban, the ban-data is then sent to ED server and added to a database (server-name/IP and player-ID).

The server is privately owned. ED has exactly zero business being involved.

The DCS server-admin (or players) then have 6 hours to submit proof/evidence material to ED (material that must proof that at least one player was negatively affected).

If nothing is submitted, the ban is automatically reverted.

The server is privately owned, ED has exactly zero business getting involved.

You not only make posts complaining about the most ridiculous bs, but you are clearly also the kind of person that makes living in a HOA unbearable. I really, really dislike people like you.

Private property is just that. You have no say in it, and neither does anybody else. If you are getting banned, then quit being a douche. If your friends are getting banned, then tell them to stop being douches, or get better friends, preferably both. If you encountered a douchebag server admin (they exist) suck it up and go play someplace else. If it's a routine pattern of behavior their server probably won't last long anyway and you'll have the last laugh.

Oh and if somebody got banned from MULTIPLE servers, I don't care what they claim, they are 100% being a douche. An admin here or there is normal. If somebody is consistently getting banned from multiple popular servers, it is 100% due to their behavior or speech. I'm caustic and aggressive, and have never been banned (although I have been gagged a few times). So, with that in mind, I am pretty confident saying somebody has to really be asking for it.

Edited by zhukov032186
  • Like 8

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I can't think of a single game that has private servers and a policy anything like what you propose. It is just a bad idea on so many levels that its worse that I replied saying it is a bad idea rather than leaving it be. 

• Like 4

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

If you don't want to be banned from a server, how about following the server owner's rules rather than wishing you could go cry to ED about something they have nothing to do with.

• Like 5

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Funny how this community will rally near 100% asserting ED has no rights with private server operations yet continue to assert their right to force ED and its partners on how to operate and moderate this forum.  Oh how complex the life of a snowflake must be with all the talk out of both sides of their ass! 
That said, to the OP, don’t be a duche  and you won’t get banned....

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Big.Biggs said:

Funny how this community will rally near 100% asserting ED has no rights with private server operations yet

Because factually that is how literally every game ever that had private servers operates. The clue is in the name. They literally don't have access to the server controls.

continue to assert their right to force ED and its partners on how to operate and moderate this forum.

Yes, there are annoying people who complain on forums. Welcome to the internet.

That aside, A has nothing to do with B. ED does not have any authority on a server they do not own, in a very literal and physical sense. In the case of a forum/site, their customers technically have a right to agitate for whatever, some are more justified than others, but the core idea is sound. That's how customer/provider relationships work. Their site/servers are ALSO private property (theirs) so they have the right to ban people they don't like, too, although that may not be wise if enough people are upset about the same thing.

Oh how complex the life of a snowflake must be with all the talk out of both sides of their ass! 

After completing your virtue signaling maneuver, please remember to return the switch to its default position, and don't forget to U-turn to go back and pick up the point you completely missed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, zhukov032186 said:

Because factually that is how literally every game ever that had private servers operates. The clue is in the name. They literally don't have access to the server controls.

Yes, there are annoying people who complain on forums. Welcome to the internet.

That aside, A has nothing to do with B. ED does not have any authority on a server they do not own, in a very literal and physical sense. In the case of a forum/site, their customers technically have a right to agitate for whatever, some are more justified than others, but the core idea is sound. That's how customer/provider relationships work. Their site/servers are ALSO private property (theirs) so they have the right to ban people they don't like, too, although that may not be wise if enough people are upset about the same thing.

After completing your virtue signaling maneuver, please remember to return the switch to its default position, and don't forget to U-turn to go back and pick up the point you completely missed.

Perhaps a language barrier. Maybe I should translate it to imbecile? 
Let me try.

Duchebagism bad, no touchy private server good, snowflakes bad...... 

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Mr Biggs, I'm not sure why you are here complaining about an issue that  has nothing to do with the OP. 

The OP is asking to have ED force private servers to allow connections from banned players while you are complaining about ED's forum policies.  ED forums are owned by ED while servers are owned/leased/rented by private individuals.

As for Daniel, IF ED or any private game developer ever tried to enforce private servers to allow banned players, they  would actually open themselves to legal action in almost every jurisdiction on earth.

If I own a server and ban you, there is NOTHING  any company or government can do to force me to accept your connection to my network.   It is my network, my hardware and my bandwidth.    You've been banned from 3 servers to date, (as far as your previous posts have shown,  possibly more!) so it's time you look at your own actions and stop trying to put the blame on others. 

Edited by Dagger71
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, zhukov032186 said:

[...], then quit being a douche. If your friends are getting banned, then tell them to stop being douches, or get better friends, preferably both.[...]

this should be in a guide somewhere, cause so many people get it wrong. 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Squad requires you to have a server license to run an official server. Your license can be revoked, if consistent admin abuse is present on your server. Not a bad policy.

That said, not sure if ED has the capacity to monitor such things. Besides, in the case of Daniel... Whoever knows him, knows.... I wouldn't be surprised if it was a  completely justified ban.

Edited by Shadow KT
  • Like 4

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

15 hours ago, zhukov032186 said:

If you encountered a douchebag server admin (they exist) suck it up and go play someplace else. If it's a routine pattern of behavior their server probably won't last long anyway and you'll have the last laugh.

yes, obviously already doing that. Thanks for that great advice.....

Oh and if somebody got banned from MULTIPLE servers, I don't care what they claim, they are 100% being a douche.

They may be, but again, it comes down to whether the banned player ruined gameplay or did not behave in ingame chat or on SRS, otherwise, a ban is not justified.

And no, I'm only banned on a single server.

If your friends are getting banned, then tell them to stop being douches, or get better friends, preferably both

Or you go realize that that friend was also banned unjustified.

5 hours ago, themastrofall said:

you're butthurt about being banned

Yes ofc. I am butthurt about this major BS, anyone banned from BF for the reason that I was would be butthurt AF, don't you dare deny it, Mastro

5 hours ago, Nero.ger said:

this should be in a guide somewhere, cause so many people get it wrong. 😉

Yes, but not without the addition of "but first, analyze the evidence regarding the incident"

5 hours ago, Shadow KT said:

Whoever knows him, knows.... I wouldn't be surprised if it was a  completely justified ban.

You and me never talked to each other and didn't fly with each other, so you don't know me, I don't know you.

Edited by D4n

16 hours ago, Harker said:

Any suggestions of this nature should be directed towards the server admins or better yet, towards the people that fund the servers.

if one would direct suggestions of this nature at the people funding the servers, then the DCS server-management team (or the single person) could easily feel deceived, and that should be avoided at any cost (for as long as possible).

To OP one of growling sidewinders clowns VFA alphabet frosty 141 banned me off the discord and there server for a cat gif, Dont be hard done by this is what happens when you give children powers im afraid. This is just the dcs community toxicity coming out just fly on another server lol 

• Thanks 1

*reads new replies*

*HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA*

The juicy truth comes out.

16 minutes ago, D4n said:

yes, obviously already doing that. Thanks for that great advice.....

Don't forget the part where I said to suck it up and move on

They may be, but again, it comes down to whether the banned player ruined gameplay or did not behave in ingame chat or on SRS, otherwise, a ban is not justified.

People literally don't have to play with you if they don't want to. They don't need a reason other than they don't like you. Do you also demand justification from women/men that won't date you and get angsty about getting declined?

And no, I'm only banned on a single server.

The week's not over yet

Or you go realize that that friend was also banned unjustified.

Again, whether an admin is a douche or not, it's their server and they don't have to play with you if they don't want to. I've kicked/banned people for being annoying/dislikable before, too. And it's worth noting, both the people complaining the loudest here have reputations.

Yes ofc. I am butthurt about this major BS, anyone banned from BF for the reason that I was would be butthurt AF, don't you dare deny it, Mastro

For about ten minutes, then most of us move on. Of course, not being an nuisance usually can avoid that in the first place. You could like... make this a learning experience.

Yes, but not without the addition of "but first, analyze the evidence regarding the incident"

It's a f'ing video game, not CSI : Gamer.

You and me never talked to each other and didn't fly with each other, so you don't know me, I don't know you.

No, but we have observed your pattern of behavior (and that of some others in this thread) and are not the least surprised people don't want to play with you guys. But hey, let's not let stuff like that get in the way of you guys'  ''persecution complex''

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, zhukov032186 said:

No, but we have observed your pattern of behavior (and that of some others in this thread) and are not the least surprised people don't want to play with you guys. But hey, let's not let stuff like that get in the way of you guys'  ''persecution complex''

Whaaaa?! Are you saying that these constant threads of his asking to be given tools to dictate how other people play (or don't play) the game sit in sharp contrast to this one, where he is upset that other people dictate how he gets to play (or don't play)… and that this is a <scare chord> pattern?! 😮

I am shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

• Like 4

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

No matter the reasoning here, we are still talking about private servers. As in, people are paying for them. And as such, the people that pay get to dictate everything there. The end.

If an admin is being largely unfair, they'll either get replaced or the server will decline in popularity.

If ED wants to have a say in how servers operate, they should launch dedicated servers. Which they should do, anyway.

• Like 6

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

danielnl maybe you should appeal to blueflag admins a bargain where you agree to some probationary terms

that would be a win win since i think this community would really be sorry to miss out on your entertainment 🙂

6 hours ago, zhukov032186 said:

not CSI : Gamer.

idk man this sounds like a million dollar idea right here

• Like 3