CCIP mode vertical line does not come out vertical

Aja

CCIP and CCRP alignment after taking off from a carrier/supercarrier seems to be wrong for me. The HUD in the CCIP mode shows the aiming bar almost 90 deg slides to one side and in the CCRP mode the bar guides me about 10+ mills into different locations. I tested it after taking off from a ground airport and it seems to be ok, but for a carrier and SC it just don't work.
There is no bug report about that, so probably the mistake is on my side, What Am I doing wrong?
version 2.5.6.59625

-) Tested with GBU-12.

-) Yes, I am using the "CV" position on the alignment knob and wait almost 9 min.

-) Adding print screen from the CCIP mode.

https://imgur.com/cldpJqW

11 hours ago, Mig Fulcrum said:

After the alignment is complete put the INS knob on "IFA" position, not "NAV", tell me if it solve the problem.

Thank you. It helped. Now the CCIP and CCRP work fine. By my understanding, the problem is, that "CV" mode is broken (don't alignment properly with no signalization) when on moving carrier and the alignment need to be finalized during flight. After some time, it seems to be I can switch back to "NAV" for rest of the mission. I have last question: Is that bug or feature of the Hornet?

Why was this marked as correct? ED has already acknowledged a bug when aligning from a moving carrier. 

Using NAV when GPS is available does not behave like it does now in DCS. NAV mode will only drift like any not aided INS, but will not make the weapon solution go crazy like in dcs.

IFA (AINS) will just make the GPS aid the INS so it knows where it is all the time and auto update its horizontal position each 40 seconds and velocities every 5 seconds (GPS version). EGI version updates both horizontal position and velocities every 4 seconds.

So the GPS contributes almost zero in the INS gyro capabilities, instead it helps with position.

"Use IFA" is just a temporary solution to an existing bug when aligning from a moving carrier like Santi said.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

Have had the same problem as well. No idea why it's marked "correct as-is" especially without any explanation from ED. It doesn't make sense the system can't figure out which way is down so drastically especially when the waypoints course for the aircraft track without issue at the same time.

Tried it again and same problem and IFA did not fix the problem. Took screen caps, size limit only let me put one so showing alignment good and CCIP is almost 90 degrees off. This can't be correct.

This only happens with cold start. A hot start on the CV does not have this problem.
aligned.png

Edited by JeffreyC
  • Like 1

well guys as the title says ..., when I go to AG mode to practice bombing with silly bombs like the Mk82 / snakeeye etcetc, the CCIP mode line does not come out vertical, the plane is perfectly aligned in case someone asks, it is a bug? If it is not a bug, what am I doing wrong?

I wanted to clarify if that helps, that I do not play online, I only play custom missions, I play singleplayer offline. In case it helps.

20210219223100_1.jpg

Edited by Erich Alfred Hartmann

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

[sIGPIC]https://store.carrierbuilders.net/images/F-18SE-002.jpg[/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi,

check you have aligned correctly if you still have problems please attach a short track replay showing the issue.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

check you have aligned correctly if you still have problems please attach a short track replay showing the issue.

thank you

HI Bignew, yes, the plane is perfectly aligned, since I always make sure that this procedure comes out perfect (at least something has not changed)

pos: GRN

countdown: ok

pos: NAV

the alignment has no mystery

In fact, yesterday I tried and was convinced that it would go wrong, as it turns out that when activating and deactivating the AG mode several times it returned to vertical, but after a while it stayed at that angle again

The maps where I play are in Caucasus, Nevada and Persian Gulf and in custom mission

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

• ED Team

ok, if you have a track replay showing the issue we will investigate it. 

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

30 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

ok, if you have a track replay showing the issue we will investigate it. 

thank you

Hello Big New, call me ignorant, but ... how is it done? I've never recorded tracks

• Like 1

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

• ED Team

No worries, 

When you exit the mission during the debrief window you can save the track replay. 

If possible make the mission as short as possible to highlight the issue. 

thank you

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Erich Alfred Hartmann said:

HI Bignew, yes, the plane is perfectly aligned, since I always make sure that this procedure comes out perfect (at least something has not changed)

pos: GRN

countdown: ok

pos: NAV

Depending what date you have set you should be setting you INS to IFA rather than NAV.  Only set it to NAV if you're pre-GPS (mid 80's?), otherwise it should be set to IFA.  Not sure if that's messing with your CCIP, but it could mess with things generally.

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

No worries, 

When you exit the mission during the debrief window you can save the track replay. 

If possible make the mission as short as possible to highlight the issue. 

thank you

ah ok, I'll try to do it, but basically it's the screenshot, I'll still record the video

1 hour ago, rob10 said:

Depending what date you have set you should be setting you INS to IFA rather than NAV.  Only set it to NAV if you're pre-GPS (mid 80's?), otherwise it should be set to IFA.  Not sure if that's messing with your CCIP, but it could mess with things generally.

I don't understand,I only play custom missions (not the mission editor) the mission customization mode within the game, you know ... where you choose how many enemy and allied units you want to have (the default mode) are not missions from the mission editor

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

I'm having the exact same issue even worse in fact and found it only seems to happen, at last for me, with a cold start. Hot start works fine. Even doing an IFA does not fix it and leaving if in IFA is useless if in a non-GPS scenario. I'll run a mission today and save the track with Bignewy's instructions. Screen shot in the meantime, track to follow. ccip sideways.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JeffreyC said:

I'm having the exact same issue even worse in fact and found it only seems to happen, at last for me, with a cold start. Hot start works fine. Even doing an IFA does not fix it and leaving if in IFA is useless if in a non-GPS scenario. I'll run a mission today and save the track with Bignewy's instructions. Screen shot in the meantime, track to follow. ccip sideways.png

Like me, it also happens to me in cool and dark, and its line also appears to me, just as pronounced and sometimes less, I will do the tracks, when I am at home tonight

• Like 1

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM