Same Trim Modes like in Mi8

Fanki 17

I think i have already readed something how the trimmer will be in the Mi24 but i dont know what modes so iam just writing it here.

I know that the trim modes in the huey are pretty much the same like in the Mi8 with the difference that the mode called "standard" doesnt react directly if you press it in the Huey and dont move the cyclic what really annoys me not like in the Mi8.

In the Mi8 it works perfectly so i wish that there is exactly the same trim mode like in the Mi8.

• 5 months later...
On 2/20/2021 at 12:43 PM, Desert Fox said:

If ED does everything right, trim in the Hind module will be same it is in the real Hind i guess 😉

So, question would be: how is trimming solved in the hind? No clue if trimming changed over variants and which variant this is... but here is a Mi-24 trimming video 😄 and it looks like both hydraulic clutch and trim hat mechanics are present.

I can confirm that it works just like in this video when using a stick with force feedback. 

Edited by YeaImRota

http://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit

Hoggit 1st Fighter Wing

Weekly training missions on Tuesday nights, missions on Saturdays!

TS3: hoggit.us

2 hours ago, RealDCSpilot said:

Yep, works exactly like in the RL video.

Unfortunately the video doesn't show how the helicopter would behave if it was in flight.

The problem for me is that the Hind changes its attitude after you press and release the trim button - it seems to be related to the AP channels adding input after trim and not trying to keep the current attitude (no, it's not my trim setting).

ED is "investigating" this behavior so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

The default trimmer mode in the Huey has a built in 0.5sec delay, which is just enough time to start re-centering your joystick so any physical input is not added to the new centre position, without the need to centre all of the controls for the joystick to start working again. I really like that over the "center trimmer mode"

But it's the only Heli that has it. Which I think is a shame.

G:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\FM\FMOptions.lua
line 45

sticktimelag=0.5;

I've tested it by changing the value and it does indeed change the time from pressing the trim, to the joystick being active again.

Edited by jonsky7