Community poll for HARM and Maverick on stations 4 and 6  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Community poll for HARM and Maverick on stations 4 and 6

• YES - stations 4 and 6 should have HARM and Maverick
    • NO - stations 4 and 6 should not have HARM and Maverick

This poll is closed to new votes

• ED Team

Hello all, 

We are reviewing the data again on the use of Viper stations 4 and 6 for HARM and Mavericks. We are considering many factors and data sources like reference documents and SMEs.  However, one factor we also want to consider is you. Although hardly the only factor, we do want to hear your feedback. 

Please make a choice YES or NO 

• Like 8

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Don't think community votes on this can be of any relevance, cause there can be more ppl with one or the other opinion not visiting forums and not voting on the subject simply driven away by some individuals who just cant stop shouting their own opinions on what they think should be.

I think its the best if you stick to the info you can obtain.

P.S. just look at the reaction now;P

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

In USAF/ANG F-16s, the wiring that provides HARM and Maverick video is not installed in stations 4 and 6. This means the weapons can be installed and ferried but they are not functional (which is why flight manuals indicate it can be loaded). Not a matter of opinion, a matter of facts.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Santi871 said:

In USAF/ANG F-16s, the wiring that provides HARM and Maverick video is not installed in stations 4 and 6. This means the weapons can be installed and ferried but they are not functional (which is why flight manuals indicate it can be loaded). Not a matter of opinion, a matter of facts.

And facts should always win the day.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

2 minutes ago, Santi871 said:

Yea facts, I'm all in on that, if you have some send to ED, let them decide.

• Like 2

I Wonder If Harms can be used in POS Mode on Station 4 and 6 as this Mode does Not need the Harm to send a Sensor picture Signal to the Plane.

And where is the Sense to ferry Harms? You seem to Put a Lot effort and time to clear that topic. Wouldnt it be better to add a "Special wiring" Option that can be forced by MP servers? I mean this discussion seems to Break down to the fact that the wiring is preventing the use of mavs and Harms on 4 and 6. Lets assume the US airforce or Partner countries did Order some Planes with Special wirings for SEAD or Strike purposes....the Special Option might reflect that.

Edited by Badlego
  • Like 1

I appreciate getting community feedback,

However you lads should just stick with the facts and model things accurately. No HARMs or Mavericks for those stations.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

NZXT H510i | ASROCK B450 Pro-4 | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GeForce GTX 1080Ti | 32GB G.Skill 3600 RAM | Western Digital SN750 NVME M.2 | MSI Optix MAG341CQ 34" | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | MFG Crosswind | NaturalPoint TrackIR 5

Module Icons New.png

2 minutes ago, Matt Mitchell said:

I appreciate getting community feedback,

However you lads should just stick with the facts and model things accurately. No HARMs or Mavericks for those stations.

Exact example of the people that are just loud with no facts ;D

Same stuff happens with advertising, they spam and spam and spam those commercials till you just cant think of anything else 😄

Edited by Furiz

Voted no obviously, I don't see why this is up for a poll btw. as various SME's have already stated (and I am very confident so have ED's SME's). Weapons like the HARM and Maverick can not be carried on STA 4/6 as they lack the wiring. I believe the same goes for JDAM's but don't quote me on that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This shouldn't be a vote...if it's not a realistic real world US loadout on the Viper it doesn't belong...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Just now, FoxOne007 said:

Voted no obviously, I don't see why this is up for a poll btw. as various SME's have already stated (and I am very confident so have ED's SME's). Weapons like the HARM and Maverick can not be carried on STA 4/6 as they lack the wiring. I believe the same goes for JDAM's but don't quote me on that.

Correct, as far as I am aware the USAF F-16s don't have the pylons wired to support smart weapons like JSOW, JDAM (and WCMD?).

• Like 2

• ED Team

As mentioned we are considering many factors and data sources like reference documents and SMEs.

This is a simple yes or no poll to get your feedback, its not the deciding factor. 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I believe Scrape, so please no HARMs on 4/6. 

• Like 7

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Hard no on this one.  Many 12+ hour shifts doing wing changes on these to know that 4/6 aren't wired for employment of those munitions.  Also, JDAM's/WCMD's can be employed from 3/7.  Source: I'm a loader, and have loaded plenty of them.

Edited by Cizzle
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6

JOINT TASK FORCE-ONE

XO, VF-2 "Bounty Hunters"

So while I personally voted no I think there is a way to do this that walks the line rather well,

Make a setting in mission editor which determines whether HARMs/Mavs can go on 4/6.

This setting would also allow a bit more room in the future for other such problems. Call it Hypothetical mode or something akin to that. Just my opinion though. 

If the F-16 can carry HARMs and MAVs on stations 4 and 6 in real life, then it should be able to do it in DCS too. Otherwise it's not a realistic simulation. I've never used it myself since I fly realistic missions where fuel is more of a concern, but I still want it since it's an option in real life.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

1 hour ago, WHOGX5 said:

If the F-16 can carry HARMs and MAVs on stations 4 and 6 in real life, then it should be able to do it in DCS too. Otherwise it's not a realistic simulation. I've never used it myself since I fly realistic missions where fuel is more of a concern, but I still want it since it's an option in real life.

The point is carry, not shoot. If you want to shoot that many munitions just enable unlimited ammo in your missions and go at it. You can also mod the .lua if you really wanted to carry a bunch of munitions on said pylons. 

• Like 4

i voted no, because from the reading the forums it seems not to be a realistic option. if ED has good proof that harms on 4/6 can indeed be used, i would change my vote obviously...

apart from that, i do like the idea to have a checkbox for experimental loadouts. people always say it could be easily done by lua, but truth is that most people are not confident with lua editing especially in a MP environment. honestly i don't really see how 4 harms would be such a  gamechanger anyway, but on other aircrafts (f5e for example) such a checkbox would open up really fun and interesting options.

• Like 3