How do we find our strike target. IS there a stearpoint? Or do I manually find it?

Just got the campagn and i went over the mountain of documents, Im flying the first mission and i see a ton of waypoints but i dont see what they points are in the kneeboard. I see my target on the KB but I found my targets coordinates in KB should I just manually add it or if its already added what waypoint would it be. I got used to missions telling me what each steerpoint was and what was bulls and this one is your target. kinda thing. Im down to learn I just wanna know what you guys are doing for this/

Hi Rooster775, all navigation planning is done through the built-in mission planner.  Your flight will be selected when you open it and steerpoints will be clearly visible.  Your target, if one is pre-planned, is marked by a small triangle.

I hope this helps.  Thanks a lot. 

I don't mess with the mission planner at all. What I do is reference the coordinate information in the Campaign Docs, specifically the strike detailed page, which gives the exact coordinates for the target. I know it will be after the marshal point which is highlighted on the marshal page, usually waypoint 6 or 7. I then cycle the waypoints looking for the those coordinates. Lazy lady way of doing it, but I'm in VR and don't spend a lot of time in the menus while VR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP