Multi-Monitor Set-Up Beginners Guide

LeCuvier

I have seen a lot of requests for help regarding set-up for exported MFD's etc/Multi-Monitor set-up, mostly in the subforum "Input and Output". I have repeatedly responded and tried to help, and finally I thought it would be better to take the time and write a little tutorial for people who are willing to help themselves. Here is a first version of a tutorial in PDF format. The original document is in Word .docx format. I welcome suggestions for improvement.

Updated 26-DEC-2021 based on O.B. 2.7.9 which defines additional indicator names for export, voiding the need to customize the "...init.lua" files.

DCS MultiMonitor Setup.pdf

Edited by LeCuvier
Updated the attached document.
  • Thanks 2

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Thanks, it should be useful for new DCS users. I used a very old guide for this type of setup, maybe it contains some details that could help you improve your Guide.

Dummies Guide for the “MonitorSetup.lua“1.0.2.pdf

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 9 months later...

Great pdf, thanks for taking the time to write it. I wonder if anyone can shed some light on an issue I have. If I jump into the A10C my MPCD/MFD's export as I want them to but whe I jump into the Harrier they remain in the cockpit and don't export to the other monitors the same way the A10 does which is what I'm trying to do for all aircraft. 

Is there some other setting in the aircraft file itself?

Many thanks