[Feature] Ground Attack Gun issues

jeffdude

Good evening,

Is anyone else having problems with the gun not firing while diving in towards a target? When I pull up and egress, the gun is able to fire, but it wouldn't during the dive. It is the oddest thing, I can fire it straight and level and in a climb, but randomly during an attack and dive down, I cannot fire the gun. 

Another in my group had the same thing happen. Also, as the gun fires in other flight regimes, I don't believe the problem to be switchology.

Edited by jeffdude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• jeffdude changed the title to [Feature] Ground Attack Gun issues

I was having the same issue. Someone told me the Harriers gun's are powered by the engine. So, You need to have something like 70% throttle to fire the guns, I believe.

I was trying to glide dive onto targets. As soon as I added throttle, I didn't have anymore issues.

70% RPM so the gun is working. It does make gun attacks more difficult as you are going to dive toward target at high accelerating speed. It is different than example with A-10 where you even apply air brakes to slow down and give you more time to align on target. 

But considering that A-10 is meant to be used in a environment where there is no more anti-air threats and safety fly as you want, the Harrier is in frontline operating in situations where staying up in altitude is dangerous. So quickly in and out.  

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.