Ability to Toggle VR/Non-VR modes

DirtyDan91

You can make a shortcut of the DCS app and put  --force_disable_VR at the end of target location in properties eg. "D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_disable_VR and one app will open DCS in vr and the other non vr.

I know its not a key command but better than loading the game in vr then unchecking vr enable then restarting.

• Like 1

I feel the need The need for jet engines to create thrust in order to have differential pressure on the wings which achieves aerodynamics lift at high velocity Ooww!! :pilotfly:

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

2 hours ago, AUS_Heracles said:

You can make a shortcut of the DCS app and put  --force_disable_VR at the end of target location in properties eg. "D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_disable_VR and one app will open DCS in vr and the other non vr.

I know its not a key command but better than loading the game in vr then unchecking vr enable then restarting.

Thanks for sharing AUS_Heracles :thumbup:

So far I've been using Skatezilla's DCS utility, but (for me) this is easier to use.

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

7 minutes ago, DirtyDan91 said:

Just to clarify, this doesn't allow hotswaps in game though, right? I'm mostly looking to be able to land after a flight in VR, then move to the platform, and wave for the rest of the squadron on my monitor

No. The DCS doesn't support hot swapping. I don't actually know any game that would allow you to just play game on display and then just put HMD On and continue there (or vice versa).

Closest thing there is that you can have a game load main menu on display, and then require you to set your HMD in game. And that is annoying as you can't even get the game launched without display.

The beauty of the DCS is that you can be fully in VR from launch to end. Just would be nice to get the Combined Arms as well supported in VR.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

29 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

No. The DCS doesn't support hot swapping. I don't actually know any game that would allow you to just play game on display and then just put HMD On and continue there (or vice versa).

Closest thing there is that you can have a game load main menu on display, and then require you to set your HMD in game. And that is annoying as you can't even get the game launched without display.

The beauty of the DCS is that you can be fully in VR from launch to end. Just would be nice to get the Combined Arms as well supported in VR.

Elite Dangerous Allows this.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

54 minutes ago, SkateZilla said:

Elite Dangerous Allows this.

Nice to hear then, as I have not seen such feature used. I have owned that game now for maybe 3-4 years and not yet had time to start it even once. LOL.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

6 hours ago, Fri13 said:

Nice to hear then, as I have not seen such feature used. I have owned that game now for maybe 3-4 years and not yet had time to start it even once. LOL.

Allows to swtich between Monitor Profiles, and one is VR Headset.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Super727 said:

Would be nice if I could switch DCS beween the two modes using a key bind like I can in the two games mantioned above while in the game.

Since I do a lot of mission work (meaning: I work in mission editor a lot), that would also a great boon to me.

Especially since currenly, the Steam version does not allow a direct MT VR start, so requires *two* restarts for every switch. If we could switch in-game, this would immediately resolve this issue (as discussed here: