messed up keybinds

thrustvector

just wondering whats going on here, i dont think i have seen this mentioned so may well be a problem on my end somewhere, but i often need to go into the settings to re do key/hotas binds, as i get either a conflict or im just changing stuff about.

i then find whole columns filled out to say the pedals from view to thrust etc, or random ones, it does not just do it for pedals but for stick/hotas as well, and i find i have to delete loads of them, and some items on the left side are duplicates, like 2 slow left,2 slow right etc etc, hope you get my drift here and maybe have a bead on whats going on?

The reason it's not mentioned is that it's has been a universal problem for ages now. 😄

Just about every update will create conflicting binds, binds that no longer work for a specific device, binds that get lost, or binds that just no longer work because the underlying action definitions have changed in some way.

Binding in general is just one of the most brittle pieces of the entire game, and it's good practice to make it a part of your post-patch run-through to check them and fix anything that got broken (if you wait too long, it will just add more diffs end exceptions that end up more broken), just like you would with mods and any new features and settings that might have been introduced.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

11 hours ago, Tippis said:

The reason it's not mentioned is that it's has been a universal problem for ages now. 😄

Not saying it's not an issue because there are obviously people having problems with it, but it's not universal.  I can't say the last time I've had a problem with my bindings.  There doesn't seem to be a consistent reason why some people have issues and some don't 🤔

7 minutes ago, rob10 said:

Not saying it's not an issue because there are obviously people having problems with it, but it's not universal.  I can't say the last time I've had a problem with my bindings.  There doesn't seem to be a consistent reason why some people have issues and some don't 🤔

True enough. That's probably also a major reason why it's been around for so long: there's just no telling where and when it will strike, and no reasonable method of reproducing it has ever surfaced.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧