The Battle For A Raqqa Campaign - DCS F-16C

Florence201

Hi Florence. I've been making progress in the campaign and just wanted to provide feedback on what I've experienced so far. I like the campaign and am determined to play it through. I've come to enjoy the repetition in each mission, making it just another day in the office.

Mission 3: In mission 4 and mission 8 you kindly provide a hint that you should check/change the laser codes. You could add that hint to mission 3 as well, since that will be the first time that the player encounters the 1687 code in the campaign. I learned the hard way, when playing through mission 3.

Mission 4: My wingman, being the usual DCS AI, ran out of fuel over Ar Raqqa. He diverted to the neutral airport at Aleppo - close to the Red faction SAM sites. I noticed that almost all of the SAM sites have ROE weapons hold, except for the southernmost site near Aleppo (N 35 57'19'' E 37 16'1''). Don't know if it's intended or not (I think it's the same in every mission), but my diverting wingman got the SAMs flying. Not so neutral after all...

Mission 5: I found it enjoyable and fun. My wingman diverted to Aleppo again. This time he wouldn't land for some reason and ended up ejecting.

Mission 6: I found this mission very tricky and struggled to deal enough damage to the group - even if I managed to destroy a vehicle and a few soldiers with every bomb. Finishing off with guns still didn't do it on most attempts, and it took quite a few attempts before I managed to complete it. I don't mind the campaign being difficult, but in this case perhaps it required luck more than skill to complete. My wingman usually baited the MANPADs and on most attempts never made it home.
Btw the briefing text says that your armament is 4 GBU-12. However, there are MK-82s loaded and the JTAC check-in also mentions 82s, so the briefing text should probably be updated.

Mission 7: Another fun Maverick mission. The volume of the radio messages from the unit under fire was low, so it was a bit of a struggle to hear over the background radio chatter from the other flights.

Mission 8: Again the volume of the radio messages (in this case from deep-voiced Blackbeard) was low, so it was hard to hear everything being said.

Mission 9: Haven't completed it yet, but on my first try during startup, the medical APC parks right in front of my wingman and prevents him from taxiing. Looking in the mission editor, it's not the AI being wonky - the route ends in front of the hangar.

On 4/5/2021 at 2:04 PM, Col. Kernel said:

Hi Florence. I've been making progress in the campaign and just wanted to provide feedback on what I've experienced so far. I like the campaign and am determined to play it through. I've come to enjoy the repetition in each mission, making it just another day in the office.

Mission 3: In mission 4 and mission 8 you kindly provide a hint that you should check/change the laser codes. You could add that hint to mission 3 as well, since that will be the first time that the player encounters the 1687 code in the campaign. I learned the hard way, when playing through mission 3.

Mission 4: My wingman, being the usual DCS AI, ran out of fuel over Ar Raqqa. He diverted to the neutral airport at Aleppo - close to the Red faction SAM sites. I noticed that almost all of the SAM sites have ROE weapons hold, except for the southernmost site near Aleppo (N 35 57'19'' E 37 16'1''). Don't know if it's intended or not (I think it's the same in every mission), but my diverting wingman got the SAMs flying. Not so neutral after all...

Mission 5: I found it enjoyable and fun. My wingman diverted to Aleppo again. This time he wouldn't land for some reason and ended up ejecting.

Mission 6: I found this mission very tricky and struggled to deal enough damage to the group - even if I managed to destroy a vehicle and a few soldiers with every bomb. Finishing off with guns still didn't do it on most attempts, and it took quite a few attempts before I managed to complete it. I don't mind the campaign being difficult, but in this case perhaps it required luck more than skill to complete. My wingman usually baited the MANPADs and on most attempts never made it home.
Btw the briefing text says that your armament is 4 GBU-12. However, there are MK-82s loaded and the JTAC check-in also mentions 82s, so the briefing text should probably be updated.

Mission 7: Another fun Maverick mission. The volume of the radio messages from the unit under fire was low, so it was a bit of a struggle to hear over the background radio chatter from the other flights.

Mission 8: Again the volume of the radio messages (in this case from deep-voiced Blackbeard) was low, so it was hard to hear everything being said.

Mission 9: Haven't completed it yet, but on my first try during startup, the medical APC parks right in front of my wingman and prevents him from taxiing. Looking in the mission editor, it's not the AI being wonky - the route ends in front of the hangar.

Thanks for all the feedback. I shall tweak what I can and release post 2.7. 

Unfortunately there’s not a lot I can do about the AI side of things. Providing you take off on time and don’t excessively sped until he’s caught up, the tanking on the RTB leg could be an option. Or AAR inbound. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Love to fly this whole campaign but vr wise it stutters too much,  all those way far not in play Air defense assets crush the current engine.  Other than that this is exactly the type of campaigns Im looking for.  Modern scenario in syria.  Now just need one for the Hind

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Enduro14:

Love to fly this whole campaign but vr wise it stutters too much,  all those way far not in play Air defense assets crush the current engine.  Other than that this is exactly the type of campaigns Im looking for.  Modern scenario in syria.  Now just need one for the Hind

Most of the stutters are at mission start. After a while in the Mission its getting better with the stutters.

• 3 months later...

Hi. Can someone provide me with some assistance for the 7th mission in this campaign. In the 7th mission I flew to waypoint 6 where I waited for my CAS assignment. Received co-ordinates inputted the co-ordinates flew to that waypoint nothing there. According to the F-10 radio transmitions there was supposed to be green smoke. Flew all over could not see any green smoke. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

On 10/26/2021 at 1:39 AM, sterny70 said:

Most of the stutters are at mission start. After a while in the Mission its getting better with the stutters.

Yeah I have the same problem with the shutters. I thought it was my settings or my VR.

• 1 year later...
On 2/15/2022 at 5:28 PM, Orestd said:

Hi. Can someone provide me with some assistance for the 7th mission in this campaign. In the 7th mission I flew to waypoint 6 where I waited for my CAS assignment. Received co-ordinates inputted the co-ordinates flew to that waypoint nothing there. According to the F-10 radio transmitions there was supposed to be green smoke. Flew all over could not see any green smoke. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

Same issue here, anyone with solution?