Inert weapon skins v.1.1

MetalRhino

Modified textures to represent inert/training payload. There is option to pick between blue bomb body or blue stripe only for GBUs and MKs skins.
Attached screenshots (with unrealistic payloads) just for weapon skins presentation...

v.1.1 - added MK-81SE blue stripe or all blue skins for for A-4E-C mod

List of modified skins in v 1.0:

AGM-62
AGM-65B/D/E/F/G/H/K/L
AGM-84D/E/H
AGM-88
AGM-122
AGM-130
AGM-154A/C
AIM-120A/B/C
AIM-7F/M
AIM-9B/L/M/P/P5/X
BK-90
BLG-66
CBU-24/78/97/99/100/103
GBU-10/12/16/24/27/28/31/32/38/54
M-117
Magic II
MK-20
MK-81
MK-82/AIR/Snakeye/BSU33/BSU86
MK-83/AIR/MK40
MK-84
Super530D

Download link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315264/

Inert15E.jpg

Inert15C.jpg

Inert16C.jpg

Inert18C.jpg

Inert2kC.jpg

Inert5E.jpg

Inert10C.jpg

Inert14B.jpg

Edited by MetalRhino
update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Glow. I know about great JalioDates mod. I just like to bring a little bit more variety of training skins for bombs and GBUs (blue band marking for example) and add inert AG missiles and some AA weapons missing in already made mods.

IRL there are a lot of color variants of GBU-12 for example. Im wondering, if there is possible to make mod in DCS, with several same GBU-12s, using different skins (green, grey, blue body etc.).
Im new to modding, but when I try to create mod like this, DCS was always using default textures from ...bazar/world/textures folder and completly ignoring my mod textures folder with custom GBU-12s skins. Does anyone know, if there is a way how to deal with it? Or its somehow defined in GBU-12 model to look for its texture only in ...bazar/world/textures folder? Renaming model and texture didnt solve the problem.
Thanks in advance for help...  

• Like 1

I seen that you can even put weapon liveries all together with aircraft liveries in one pack. Every plane can have bombs with different painting. I haven't tested this yet.

You have to speak with user name lee1hy, or see he's mods, how he is doing this.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313768/

If you have trouble to fine texture names, use ModelViever, export description.lua. It will create all needed code, and then just adjust how you like.

On 2/26/2021 at 9:39 PM, MetalRhino said:

... Modified textures to represent inert/training payload ...

Most excellent!

It´s great to have them complete and and in one package that is easy to swap in and out.

Thanks much!

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

• MetalRhino changed the title to Inert weapon skins v.1.1